BBK Headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBK Headers

Does anyone here have experience installing a set of headers? I've recently purchased a 96 T/A and the previous owner threw in a set of uninstalled BBK shorties. It looks like sort of a tough job, so does anyone have any advice or experience? Pulling the engine to do it is out of the question right now, but I'll be able to get underneath the car.
    1996 T/A - BBK headers & throttle body, K&N filter, 1.6:1 Comp Cams Pro Magnums, Warbird hood w/ SLP Ram-Air

I've done it.

I did it on a lift... I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have one.

What specific questions do you have?
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
      I've done it.

I did it on a lift... I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have one.

What specific questions do you have?

Ok, I just found a guide that someone posted on another forum... Basically saying to remove the alternator, remove the sensors/air tubes, lift the engine a little and pull off the manifolds. To install headers, reverse the process. Does this sound accurate?
      How necessary is a lift? I don't mind laying under a car, would it be feasible to do this with the car up on blocks?
      Also, what headers do you have? Would the short length of the BBKs make it any easier or harder?
      Thanks, bear with me here
      1996 T/A - BBK headers & throttle body, K&N filter, 1.6:1 Comp Cams Pro Magnums, Warbird hood w/ SLP Ram-Air

Comment

anything is possible, when I do mine it'll be on my back. It won't be easy, but I'm sure it can be done. Set of ramps and a creeper, and I'm set to go. I refuse to pay shops big bucks just to save time, isn't worth it to me
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by zer0signal667
          Ok, I just found a guide that someone posted on another forum... Basically saying to remove the alternator, remove the sensors/air tubes, lift the engine a little and pull off the manifolds. To install headers, reverse the process. Does this sound accurate?
          How necessary is a lift? I don't mind laying under a car, would it be feasible to do this with the car up on blocks?
          Also, what headers do you have? Would the short length of the BBKs make it any easier or harder?
          Thanks, bear with me here

I am not sure about the removal of that stuff. I have an LS1, so my process may be different.

I would have gone insane trying to do that on blocks.

PPC headers.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
          X