NFB: Dakota R/T

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Dakota R/T

Well my friend and his brother both have Dakota R/T's. The one has an intense blue regular cab with custom intake,k&n filter, mopar pcm, ford 24 lb. injectors, mopar pph headers, catco cat(dual in single out), flowmaster catback and a cuda style hood. Well his catalytic converter was collapsing and making a nasty sound. He decide to hallow out his cat. It turned out to be a pretty diffucult process. We got the the cat off and the pipe after the cat off. There was a crack on one of the inlet pipes to the cat, which was originally welded on. So he took a dremel and cut it off the rest of the way and sanded the edges so it was bare metal. We were going to get the piece welded back on. Too bad NO muffler shop in the area would touch the cat with it being gutted (which we did earlier). The real problem was that his truck was the only transportation we had at the time. So we are driving all around the newark/elkton area with straight headers!! Talk about LOUD. Didn't think we were gonna make the day without getting pulled over. Anyway, he ended up having to buy a new cat ($220) and hallowing that out. I know that's alot but no one else had a cat on hand and he couldn't drive the truck too much more with only headers. Cops would've definetly pulled him over. So we got that, went to pepboys and bought a bunch of exhaust pieces to clamp the cat to the y-pipe and the pipe after the cat and bought a new pipe for after the cat. All in all, the thing sounds great and is a little bit peppier and looks ten times better then what the profeesionals did . Well sorry it was so long, but wanted to share the scary project that turned into a blessing.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

when i gutted mine on my (old) z28 i brought it to a guy that had his own, non chain, shop. i payed cash and he welded it right up for me. thats just how you have to do things.
    -ken-
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Thats the first place we went, a local shop. He wouldn't even touch the thing since it was hallow. And we just wanted him to weld a piece on to the cat, not even the cat to the truck. Plus he offered him cash, but he still wouldn't have anything to do with it.
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
      X