Ivan got us bad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivan got us bad

So Ivan came through and I'm sure you guys have seen the images on the news. I live right outside of destin. Were all without power, water, and all that. The bridge on I-10 that connects pensacola to our neck of the woods...thats gone...Highway 98 to desting...that road is all messed up theres jsut chunks of road left. I'm still in GA doing Air Force Gov't work until we can get Eglin back up. The good news is the Gov't is paying me to stay here until they are ready for us...so I dont know what its like to have no power or water. I'm glad you guys are safe down there now.
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

You're right, it's looks devastating down there. I was watching the weather channel last night at it looked bad. Even here in Greenville, SC we can feel the affects of Ivan (lots of rain, flooding, and high winds). I just hope that every one here is OK and that everyone that was in the path of the storm is OK, too. My thoughts are with them.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Dang......

My prayers go out to all of you in that area.

Comment

My prayers go out to everyone in that area also. Let's hope that people made it out safely, and let's also pray that a 4th hurricane doesn't start brewing up out there in the carribbean waters
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

yea i know...the bad part is this isn't even the month where the Gulf spins up its OWN hurricanes. Oct should be interesting.
          -Rico

98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD

Comment

Awful isn't the word

My mom lives in Pensacola....well, actually, closer to Perdido, which was the worst-hit part of Escambia county. You've probably heard the reports of 2 women killed at Grande Lagoon. Let me tell you, that's far from the worst of it. Evidently there was a 30-foot wave that came into Grande Lagoon and wiped out about a dozen houses. I've heard from two guys who have been involved in the rescue efforts there, and they estimate the total death toll could reach 50 just from Grande Lagoon. As of early this afternoon, they knew of at least 30 people who were missing, and had yet been found.

This occurred roughly 2-3 miles from my mom's house. All I have heard so far about the house is that we lost about 1/3 of the shingles, and there is damage to the pool screen. No word yet on damage inside the house from leakage.

They are estimating that it will take at least 3 weeks to restore power. Water supply is very limited and they are under a "boil all water" advisory. Sewage is backed up into Pensacola Bay and sewer plants are not working to capacity.

There's lots more, but I'm sure you've all seen the pictures. Recovery will take a long, long time.

2001 Camaro V6, stock

Comment

Any one know how bad Panama City got it ?? The National Christian College Athletic Association Golf Championship is suposed to be there in 3 weeks, curious to what might happen with that.
              -Nick-
              95 A4 Z28

Comment

Panama City got tropical storm force winds for a LONG time according to what I saw on the weather channel. They were still getting gusts in the hurricane range when we left Baton Rouge to head back to Mobile, and we saw no rain the whole way home, so that storm was pounding Panama City for a while.

We came out very lucky. No trees down, only leaves and branches (currently to the tune of about 10 trailer loads and that's just the FRONT yard). We got power back about 3:30 yesterday, which is a miracle considering as of 5pm last night 78 percent of Mobile county was in the dark according to Alabama Power estimates. A tree fell down next door in an empty lot and took out power to the last 10 houses on the street.
                "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by 95z28
                  Any one know how bad Panama City got it ?? The National Christian College Athletic Association Golf Championship is suposed to be there in 3 weeks, curious to what might happen with that.
                  Stayed in Panama City before leaving for Pensacola. Not too bad down there. Some areas are just getting power back, but it was not too much damage from what I saw. We stayed on the Gulf at the Holiday Inn, and we had power and water as of Saturday.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
                  95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
                  Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

yea Ivan made a u turn and came back into the gulf....i guess well just wait its only a tropical storm now...but third times a charm

-Rico

Comment

say hellow to Jeannie..................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I guess I should get to work on building the great ark.
                        -Rico

Comment

Working...
                        X