Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood driveshaft loop install?

Its a 2000 Trans Am non WS6...pretty much stock

Okay so I bought a Lakewood driveshaft loop off of LS1.com I got it though it has no directions I figure I can make my way through it without....seems like an easy enough thing. Now first.... let me say that its so tight there I don't see how that driveshaft could get out if it wanted to. I have a stock exhaust but between the exhaust and what I am guessing is called the tunnel brace there is NO room for the driveshaft to get through without destroying one or both of those items in the process. Now as I understand it this driveshaft loop is supposed to replace the tunnel brace. Now the tunnel brace is the long thing that somewhat resembles the old school ladder bars in shape? It seems like its function is to add rigidity to the car so it doesnt bend in half . I can't see replacing that with a driveshaft loop. So anyone else put one in? How did you work it?

Hmmm my BMR went in like clock work...you should only have to remove the 4 bolts on the U-Joint, make sure to keep the caps in place or all the pins will fall out (that could be messy and time consuming to replace them all) I used tape to keep them on before removing the DS. Then just slide the DS out of the trannie...which I didn't do...I just laid the DS down and slid the safety loop into place attach using the OEM bolt holes.

My tunnel brace stayed in place...

Do you have a soft-top?

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Nope... hard top with t-tops. I was told this is a newer lakewood loop specifically made for f-bodies and that its a bolt in. Something was mentioned about it replaces the "tunnel brace" I assume thats the long item that goes from front to back? I cant see me reoving that without adding something to pick up the slack. There is a piece that goes across the tunnel... looks skinny but in the shape of a tranny mount. The holes just dont seem to line up for my driveshaft loop though. I guess I will have to have another look at it.

Comment

Working...
      X