MSD question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSD question

ok, I've been wondering this for a while.

Stock rev limiter works by cutting off certain injectors, correct???
    and
    MSD's rev limiter works by cutting off certain cylindar sparks. correct???

So now how would you use an MSD with stock computer??? Would you have to set the MSD rev limiter to the same as the stock computer?????

Thanks,
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Depends what you are using it for. With nitrous, you don't want to cut fuel, you want to cut spark, so you would set the MSD below the stock rev limiter, or raise the stock rev limiter via a "reprogrammer" above the MSD setting. Not sure why you would even need the MSD "limiter" in any other application.

Stock setup cuts fuel... not sure it is injector specific. It hits with a huge bang, which would lead me to believe it cuts all fuel. And I dont know how the MSD would know what cylinder is firing, so it would be hard for it to cut specific cylinders.

I run an aftermarket ECU that offers a choice of rev limiting strategies. I use random spark cut, and you just get an irregular hesitation. Interstingly, you can vary the severity of the hesitation by altering the random number generator "seed" number.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X