Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange rearend!

Massage edited by admin.........

While I can appreciate your frustration, this is not the kind of forum to air these kind of problems. Sorry bro.... You need to address the problem with the vendor. On a side note, Fred did try to warn you that it may take 4 weeks+ for a Strange.

Unfortunately the dealers of these parts are stuck in the middle when the manufacturor can't produce them in the numbers that are promised. Trust me on this, this is something I'm VERY familiar with...I've been working on my current build up for 7 months and on parts has been more than half of that time.

There is a HUGE list for Strange rear-ends, which is just one of the many reasons I went with the Moser 9"...but I can assure you that the dealer wants to get you the parts as much as want them...I know your pain...I've been EXTREMELY frustrated with the whole process, but the blame can only be put on the manufacturor.

Perhaps you can contact the dealer and see if he can get you a Moser?

Just a thought...

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I was going to buy a Strange, too, however they never answered my emails and never gave me a quote. I was going to drive down to Chicago and pick it up - they lost my business to Moser who sent me the rear in 1 wk.

Comment

You can't really deal directly with Strange.... they prefer to work through distributors, like T. Byrne, etc. I got mine from Tom. He told me it would take "1 month".... it showed up on the 30th day. When it was missing the ABS ring, Tom contacted Strange, and then they dealt with me directly.... and extremely professionally. They bent over backwards to make up for their error. It did take another month for them to send me another posi unit with the ABS ring machined into it... but they had no problem with me driving the car until it showed up. Then they paid for the replacment, at a shop I agreed to use, and guarnateed the shop's work.

Sorry to hear you had a problem. Waiting for parts is a pain. I sat motionless for 3-1/2 months for Callies to decide to make another batch of their 3.75", one-peice seal Stealth series cranks. Forunately, I was cooling my heals in Italy at the time.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i thought you had a strange rear end, fred.......................

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
          X