No announcement yet.

is my diff shot ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob's flying Z is crashing and burning........

Most limited slip differentials employ clutches (several different types) to force both drive wheels to turn at the same time. They also have the ability to "unlock" as the car goes around corners to permit the drive wheels to turn at independant rates. An old trick is to change the fluid and include the appropriate limited slip additive, do several tight turns going foreward and then do several tight turns while backing up. Sometimes this gets the clutches unstuck. If the clutches are worn beyond spec, this trick isn't going to work. You will need a rebuild if the unit is rebuildable. An eaton type uses clutch packs that can be replaced. The Auburn uses cones and cannot be rebuilt.... a completely new center section must be purchased.

Comment

which is best

what is the best replacement center section to use in a 10 bolt and how do i find ot what one is fitted to my car
      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Working...
      X