1968 rear fenders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 rear fenders

i was at a car show in southbury on sunday and i saw a first gen firebird with these rear fenders that flared out so that he could fit wider tires, they looked nasty. i was wondering if id be able to find these for a 68 camaro? or is it something entirely custom?
    -ken-
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

There is a 2nd gen here in my town that has rear flairs that are permanant on the car, they were welded on and he bought them aftermarket. I did a quick search on the net but could only find ones already welded to cars for sale.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

bump still need help with this guys.
      ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Motion used to do a lot of wild stuff with cars back in the 60's & 70's so maybe they sold those quarter panel flairs. Maybe you can do some searches on the web for Motion flares.
        69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
        70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
        2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

I'm pretty sure they were custom. Most good body shop guys can do that kind of thing.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

yea i figured they were custom. i just hate giving my car to people to work on, maybe ill just bring the body down to em and have them do that and paint it. last time i gave a car to the body shop, it went in with alot of body damage, and no engine damage, and it came out with engine damage. of course i had no way to prove they did it so... i got scr*wed.
            -ken-
            ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

Working...
            X