1978 "Jenny" Camaro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 "Jenny" Camaro?

I have a friend with a 1978 Camaro J. He says it is a "Jenny" 1 of 500 made.

I've never heard of such a thing. What is it? He says it says "Camaro J" right on the title.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

I've never heard of it either. I have a book that breaks down the Camaro (and Firebird) year by year, and it doesn't mention a "Jenny" Camaro in the regular section or the specialty car section. Who knows, though.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Originally posted by Benm109
      I've never heard of it either. I have a book that breaks down the Camaro (and Firebird) year by year, and it doesn't mention a "Jenny" Camaro in the regular section or the specialty car section. Who knows, though.
      does it mention the blackbird...??? just wondering...I know those exist and very rare...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

In the 70's, during the gas crunch it was common for f-bodies to sit on lots. Many dealers offered "conversions" that dressed up the cars in the hops of pumping up sales. I can remember several packages, one was an IROC inspiried appearance package complete with rear window straps of all things. There is no telling who put out the package that you describe, persistant detective work will be needed to get to the bottom of this. It wasn't offered from the factory, so you'll have to dig deeper.

As far as Pontiac, the factory did put out the Yellowbird and Redbird....... a dress up package with color that was similar to the black and gold special edition T/A only these were applied to the Firebird models. You got color keyed stripes nad snowflake wheels. You don't see many of those anymore.

Comment

blue bird

i know of a guy with a blue bird here in the uk are they rair cars as it has not been on the road for some time
          http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
          C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
          mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
            does it mention the blackbird...??? just wondering...I know those exist and very rare...
            No, the Firebird book I have (same as the Camaro book) doesn't list the Blackbird. The only specialty cars they talk about are the SLP Firehawks, although the Camaro book shows all kinds of prototypes and specialty cars (like the Yenko Camaro, for example).
            1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
            Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
            Trans: TH700R4
            Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Try calling 867-5309, ask for Jenny
              97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

There is a redbird here in my town.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                6.2L/382.97 ci
                Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                WCT-5 speed
                BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                Boss MS 18" Rims
                Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                Custom Dual exhaust
                1LE upgrade
                Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by 97ss497
                  Try calling 867-5309, ask for Jenny
                  Hahahahha

Great Song. OK Who recorded it and what was the title?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
                    Hahahahha

Great Song. OK Who recorded it and what was the title?
                    Song= 867-5309
                    band= Tommy TwoTone
                    97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

Working...
                    X