Speaker Size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Size?

Does anyone know the size of the speakers In the door panels. Are they 5 1/4? Are they componet? Thanks
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Yeah 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Ummmm, no. They are 6.75" speakers and, I believe, are only component if you have the Monsoon system. If so, you have a 6.75" woofer and a 1" tweeter.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

yeah...my bad 6.5 up front...................i'm dumb

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

6.75" you mean lol. 6.5" will work, but 6.75" are an exact fit.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I can not remember but did they not put a bose system in the anniversary one? either or 6.5 is right. along with the rear speakers behind your head being 6.5 woofers also along with some 4 inch or 4x6 types in the very back and a 10 inch sub in the back driver side. Pain in the butt to replace from most dealerships if you are staying factory as far as price goes. but all that just goes to the whole integrated system problem thing. good luck.

Comment

I replaced my rotted speakers in the front with 6.5" it was a perfect fit.
              1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
              "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

The "correct" designation for the front door speakers is a 6.5S, which is in reality a 6 3/4".
                Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Working...
                X