Rare Firehawk for sale in Autoweek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Firehawk for sale in Autoweek

In the classified section there is a 1992 SLP Formula Firehawk listed. The seller claims it is 1 of only 2 Race Cars made by SLP (apparently it was road raced in IMSA). He goes on to say they made 25 street versions of the car as well as the two race cars. Asking price is $16K
    Dave S
    2000 Black Camaro SS

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. Someone not too far from where I live owns a 91 or 92 Firehawk, but I've never seen it in person, although I wish I could . I'm surprised he says he has one of the "Competition" Firehawks (the race cars), instead of one of the 25 "street" Firehawks. That's a very rare find!

Oh yeah, I also know some trivia about the 92 Firehawks. Did you know that the last 92 Firehawk they made was a convertible with serial no. 27, even though they only built 25 "street" Firehawks (27 ordered, but only 25 built)? Just some cool info I thought I'd share.
    1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
    Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
    Trans: TH700R4
    Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Originally posted by SS_CarGuy
      In the classified section there is a 1992 SLP Formula Firehawk listed. The seller claims it is 1 of only 2 Race Cars made by SLP (apparently it was road raced in IMSA). He goes on to say they made 25 street versions of the car as well as the two race cars. Asking price is $16K
      All I have to say is Hail to the Victors.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

LOL - all I have to say Jay is Michigan needs to bring that perfect record to Columbus 11/20.......oh wait a second - have they already lost?
        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Working...
        X