Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford may be starting to win me over a little bit....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford may be starting to win me over a little bit....

Yes, I said it.....that ugly freakin blue oval is being attached to a couple of sweet cars. Number one of which is the Ford GT, the first Ford I ever drooled over. Now, I saw on Rides on Discovery last night, they are building a new concept car...one I will never be able to afford, but it will be sweet if thaey actually build it! Check it out at the link below.

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/fordgr1.html

Now, if GM would start putting out exciting stuff like this, then they could be in better shape, I think.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

I feel your pain. The GT is pretty nice and the SVT Cobra angers me. I don't think they ever made a normal (meaning not some crazy limited production one) mustang before this that could take on a 93+ LT1/ LS1 and win. Then they come out with this running 12.6 or something to that effect. IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!!!
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

the GR1 doesn't float my boat...

the GT...that's crazy sick...but it's s/c...I prefer n/a...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I don't care what they make. I will never own a Ford. It's just the way it is with me.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

I'm with Rob.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I'm with ya too Rob. The GT is waaaay overpriced and the GR-1 looks like either an Aston Martin or a Shelby Cobra Daytona on steroids. They have it in the new MotorTrend. I'll stick with what I've got.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Ford = Found On Road Dead..
              You all know that..
              CHEVY!!
              GM!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
                I don't care what they make. I will never own a Ford. It's just the way it is with me.
                You took the words right out of my mouth. I give some of the cars that ford has made recently respect but I definately would not buy them. In my eyes the mustang hasnt looked good since the 60's. Even the 2005's dont look that great to me. The ford GT is nice but nothing to soil myself over. To me its kind of ugly looking for an "exotic". I never could dream of owning something that expensive and even if I could I would still get a Vette. I guess Im just loyal and would never own a ford because of past expieriences.
                97 SS #C007
                Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Don't get me wrong, guys...I am still a Chevy guy...but the most exciting thing to come out of GM lately, other than the C6, is the Caddy XLR. Chevy and Pontiac aren't exactly "building excitement" lately. I will most likely be buying a used LS1 F-bod for my next car, but still...GM has been nothing but a letdown for the last 2 years.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Is the 07 camaro gonna be a 5th Gen? I see it like this, the firebird and the camaro belong together, if they are going to do the 07 camaro then the 07 firebird is a must, or they need to die together, and discontinue them both.. they had a very good run.. I love all the years, and I will if they continue the camaro without the firebird, they are lovers

Comment

I hear ya Todd, GM hasn't been releasing stuff that is top notch. The XLR is ok, not a big fan of the C6 looks (but whatever) and the GTO is marginal. As for the possible 07 Camaro return, yes it will be a 5th Gen since the 4th Gen stopped in 2002. As for the return of the Firebird, look at a thread started a few days ago:

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7377

Pontiac has made it clear the Firebird is dead. Do we like it? NO!!! I personally like the looks of the TA better than the Z, but that's me. The GTO will become the Camaro's new cousin (not lover ) if they come back (which GM has said is a "strong possibility"). So, as much as it pains me, if there is a return of the Camaro, prepare to ...the Firebird is gone
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
                        but the most exciting thing to come out of GM lately, other than the C6, is the Caddy XLR.
                        What about the CTS-V?? It's my new most favorite car in the world. To me it seems like a 4 door Vette.......mmmmmmm
                        97 SS #C007
                        Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                        SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
                        X