Beer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer

I'm bored at work right now, so i figured i'd start up a beer thread . This past weekend, a girl i know gives me and my buddy an invite to come visit her at work for oktoberfest (she works at a beer garden by the way ). So i go there and they have like literally 300 beers from all around the world, sorted by country...it was amazing! I myself am used to the miller lite and coors light that my cheap a$$ buys, so it was a nice change of pace. I recommend to all you guys who are beer carnisaurs like myself that if you have never had this, to try it. Hacker Pschorr, its a german weiss beer. Amazing, plain and simple. Came with a lemon slice in the glass and everything, so tasteful. After a couple of those, and i was definitely dancing with 2 waitresses to a live band that covered classic songs, but in german Whatever, its not like i was caring too much at that point anyways. I was more likely than not gonna go back there this saturday, and i was wondering what your opinions are. Any good beers that you guys recommend for me to try out?
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Deutsch Weissbrau!!!!!!!!!! hehehe... German wheat beer is by far the best.

Erdinger Weissbeer is my current favorite of all time, but I would be happy to try Hacker Pschorr next chance I get.

As for more commonly found on the shelves beers, I like Blue Moon and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. If you haven't had either of the above, you need to correct that!
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

M (_!_)n shine.....................

LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Red Stripe....Hooray Beer! (good commercial)
        I'm a cherry wheat fan also.

But of course being in college nothin better than splittin a 30 pack of Keystone (ie-water with alcohol) with a buddy for 6 dollars and forgeting everything you've learned that past week...waking up to a girl whose last name you don't know....then having swamp (_!_) the rest of the day....God I love college....and beer.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

I agree jay, german beer is by far the best! I do not believe that i have had Erdinger Weissbeer, gonna have to try it . I have had blue moon, also a very good beer. Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is gonna have to be one on the list for saturday, never tried that one. Red Stripe is good too, i had that also at the beer garden. If my memory serves me correctly , i believe that was a jamaican beer. And as for the good 'ol college thirty packs, i've had more than my fair share of those. Keystone is one that ive had far too often than i think i would want, but always a fun time. When it comes to the thirty packs though, it's more often icehouse, and if i'm feelin' high class, i'll be livin' the high life
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
            M (_!_)n shine.....................

LOL
            LOL, sadly enough i can say that i have had that when i visited some people i know who live down in missouri right by the border of arkansas. Luckily i can stay that i still have my vision . That was quite a night to say the least, too bad i dont remember much. I do remember though waking up in a canoe that was in the middle of the pond that was right behind the cabin we were staying in, without an ore non the less . My head was hurtin that mornin'

Comment

I've tried a variety of beers and I really don't think anything is better than a cold Coors lite. But then again I guess after going to college parties and drinking nothing but Natural Ice out of a keg anything tastes good. Another favorite is Anhauser World class.
              1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I do remember though waking up in a canoe that was in the middle of the pond
                Classic

Two words...Icehouse Keg= nighty night

Just had a foriegn guy from Germany Visit for a few nights... Don't really know why he was in our house but non-the-less he was. He said he had trouble catchin a buzz with our American Beer, In which I replied, "go back to Germany". All joking aside he was telling me how much fuller and better tasting.blah blah blah. I agree with German beer being best.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Absinthe

mmmmm Good.

John
                  97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
                  02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
                  99 Bravada

Comment

well since im in collge id have to say a 30 rack of bud light
                    1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
                    1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

Back in Switzerland it used to like the Feldschloesschen Bier (Field Castle translated).

They have the big horses too.

97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

I'm a fan of several beers, Molson Canadian, kokanee, and Budweiser made in Canada(not the same as the american counterpart). Just my opinion but american beers are to watery for me. I like some euro beer but Im more of a lager kind of guy and they are more of the stout type.
                        http://www.videoclipstream.com/akamai/therant/rant.html

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                        6.2L/382.97 ci
                        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                        WCT-5 speed
                        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                        Boss MS 18" Rims
                        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                        Custom Dual exhaust
                        1LE upgrade
                        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I like Molson XXX. Really high in alcohol, was banned in the states until recently. Can't find it anywhere in NC, plenty in upstate NY. If not those, its always labatt blue, or labatt ice.
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                          Traded in: 1998 Z28
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Originally posted by hotwhip9
                            I like Molson XXX. Really high in alcohol, was banned in the states until recently. Can't find it anywhere in NC, plenty in upstate NY. If not those, its always labatt blue, or labatt ice.
                            Molson XXX is just Molson Canadian bottled for export. I find it amusing that our normal beer is "Really high in alcohol, was banned in the states until recently."

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                            Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                            6.2L/382.97 ci
                            Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                            WCT-5 speed
                            BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                            Boss MS 18" Rims
                            Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                            Custom Dual exhaust
                            1LE upgrade
                            Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                            In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

"Guinness is for ____"......whatever you want it to be
                              DWS
                              Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

Working...
                              X