No Start! Please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Start! Please help.

Put key in, turn to run position and get power to headlights, interior, what sounds like the fuel pump etc etc. After about 10 seconds abs light and security light (which is solid, not blinking) turn off.

Turn key forward, ABS light comes back on, but no start.

Car had an alarm aftermarket. I just finished pulling it out. All wires are as they should be. With alarm out, exact same symptoms.

Don't think it is VATS since security light goes off. Also If I disconnect the VATS wiring under the column the security light blinks as it should. Tested the key it is a number 4 which has a acceptable range of resistance from 850-942 I tested the wires at the harness and got a 883 which tells me the wires are good. The blinking light tells me the VATS module should be good.

Cleaned plenty of corosion off of the positive terminal of the Neverstart.

Battery, alt, and starter are less than two weeks old.

If there is a starter relay I can not find it.

Tried starting in neutral also.

Also tried starting with a battery booster. One of the big ones on wheels, nothing happened. I can't get to the starter to try and arc it since all my jackstands are on my vette for my tranny swap.

Had key tested at dealership they said it was a number 4. I tested it at my VATS harness and got an acceptable reading according to the VATS chart.

Warrantied battery tonight just for good measure...same result.

any clicking when you try to start er up??? Or just nothing at all...

I'd check fuses and relays...on the driveside dash next to the door and under the hood...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

turn the key to the run position and jump the starter across and if it fires then dies its something to do with the alarm mine did this and it was something with the pass code key crap i took it all off now the light stays on though

Comment

Originally posted by 95redbird
        turn the key to the run position and jump the starter across and if it fires then dies its something to do with the alarm mine did this and it was something with the pass code key crap i took it all off now the light stays on though

i thought it was the pass key system. I had the key checked at the dealership and they said it was fine. I verified the resistence at the VATS harness and it was within specs.

Comment

Ignition switch.... located on the backside of the column. You'll have to drop the steering column to get to it, but many times this $27 part is the culptrit.

Comment

Working...
          X