No announcement yet.

Hurricane #4 look like it's on its way!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane #4 look like it's on its way!

One after another! What did Florida do to piss Mother Nature off?????

Jeanne is on her way, and Karl is forming. Karl is a friggin monster. It looks like it could take NYC and Miami out at the same time.

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ite_large.html
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

I don't know broh... but it's getting really old. Life here still isn't quite back to normal, there are places that are still boarded up/closed. Many still haven't done repairs from the past few storms. Amazing how something like this can put your hometown back to the stone age. After this year, I am seriously going to look into moving elsewhere.

Comment

I personally have never been to florida, but know many people who have. Everyone has told me its beautiful down there, a paradise. It also seems like a paradise that i would definitely move out of after these turn of events. This is getting outrageous. Two more on the way . I feel bad for everyone in florida, you guys are really takin a pounding lately. I hope once again that everyone can try and quickly recover from the last one that just hit and prepare for whats to come. My prayers go out to everyone in florida, i hope all you guys make it out okay. Stay safe everyone
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

oh you just wait...were not even at the point where the gulf makes its own crap, october we should start seeing hurricanes from the Gulf. Meanwhile, Ivan looks like its comming around to the gulf the 3rd time. I mean this season has been rediculous...they say this isn't a fluke but probably a trend for the next 10 years

oh El Nino is back too says NOAA.
        -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
        98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
        98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
        94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Karl's not going to mess with you guys, so that's good. That was like the biggest storm I have ever seen.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

We have a lot of family in West Palm and Port St. Lucie.......the places hammered the hardest when FRANCES came on shore. Everyone had varying degrees of damage and now they are bracing for Jeanne. I hope everyone comes thru this without too many more problems.
            Dave S
            2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

The cost of living in paradise

After four hurricanes ripping us all a new a hole down here, we have all grown complacent. Over the last twelve years we seem to have snapped to a conclusion. If you get hit with the center of one of these storms, I mean not just the eye, but the surrounding hurricane force winds, you are going down. It doesn't matter if you have storm shutters & plywood plastered to your windows or not. You might save a broken window, and some ruined furniture, but when your roof get ripped off, what difference does it make. When you get hit by the center of a hurricane it's like being in a tornado. In order to have a mortgage you have to have insurance. We are fully covered by a different kind of security other than a piece of plywood. I live in an area of really nice houses. In the past we have all scrambled to get storm shutters or plywood up before the hurricanes came rolling on shore. Not this time though! Nobody is lifting a finger around here. It is weird! I can't be the only one to say F it, if we get hit,we get hit. I quess we are all numb or perhaps we have to get hit between the eye's to snap out of it. If all of this excitement is the cost for living in south Florida, it just might be worth it! My pristene F-Body is showroom clean everyday. Not just because I keep it that way, but because it is summer time here all year long. I remember clearly how filthy dirty cars got up north. It was so bad in New England that if you drove your car in the winter it was doomed to eventually rusting out. Not down here! I remember up north, the drop dead beautiful girls were few and far between and all covered up with clothing (especially in winter), not down here, they walk around half naked. I counted at least 20 gorgeous babes when I went out to pick up Chinese before. I could have had it delivered, but who can resist the opportunity to drive a cherished f-body with cat back & flow masters right! Anyway, we are all complacent down here now, and unless my house gets destroyed by a girly storm named Jeanne, I feel that it all just may be worth the cost of admission, for living in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by PJ Reynolds
                I remember up north, the drop dead beautiful girls were few and far between ....

No. Not even close.

Comment

Its all political actually! MoveOn.org, that ultra-right, ultra-funded group of John Kerry worshippers has reached a new low ...

they are blaming President Bush for the rash of hurricanes!

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive...304-moveon.htm

Now you too know!
                  The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

I think i figured out the universe and the heavens....
                    if you look at the path of Jeane when they map it out....
                    I think God has the world....on an etch-a-sketch, and he turned the knob the wrong way so had to circle back around to hit florida.
                    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Idiots

Originally posted by pete
                      Its all political actually! MoveOn.org, that ultra-right, ultra-funded group of John Kerry worshippers has reached a new low ...

they are blaming President Bush for the rash of hurricanes!

http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive...304-moveon.htm

Now you too know!
                      Okay, those people are beyond ignorant and idiotic. Mount St. Helens and Mt. Vesuvias have released more toxins into the atmosphere than the entire human race has in its entire history. Those are just two volcanoes. Just of two them. How many volcanoes are out there? Many. How many of them have blown their tops since homo sapiens have been around? More than two. If they want to focus on the environment they need to focus on the bleaching of the coral reefs. The algae that gives coral and anenomes their color, as well as the suspended algae in the ocean produce between 70-80% of our oxygen. We are poisoning the oceans with all kinds of nasties and thus you have a huge buildup of CO2 without it. Better to exert energy on that than poorly aiming it at Bush who is the enemy of a man that probably isn't going to do anything about it. They need to let go of this hate. It is bad karma and will lead to personal decimation.
                      1984 15th Anniversary Trans Am: Stock 350 with MSD Billet distributor, MSD 6A computer, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor wires, MSD Blaster 2 Coil, Moser Ford 9", Willwood brakes, TCI streetfighter 700R-4 w/B&M Megashifter, Hooker competition headers, true dualed 2.5" exhaust with Raven Z33 mufflers, 160F thermostat, Howe 2" dual core aluminum radiator, and a Flexalite 2500CFM dual-fan set up.

Comment

Moderators where are you?

Swearing is not allowed on this board.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
                          Swearing is not allowed on this board.

Fixed, sorry
                          1984 15th Anniversary Trans Am: Stock 350 with MSD Billet distributor, MSD 6A computer, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor wires, MSD Blaster 2 Coil, Moser Ford 9", Willwood brakes, TCI streetfighter 700R-4 w/B&M Megashifter, Hooker competition headers, true dualed 2.5" exhaust with Raven Z33 mufflers, 160F thermostat, Howe 2" dual core aluminum radiator, and a Flexalite 2500CFM dual-fan set up.

Comment

Jeanne was definately a nasty one. It took a quicker trip pretty muchly over the same path as Frances did a few weeks ago. This storm was not a spread out, so it had more wind, but less time in the area.

Highland county, Sebring, has 75% of the area is without power or phone service.... its where Joe lives.

Lots of damage on the east coast where it came ashore, and while it made its way half way across the state. Polk county, Lakeland, has 95% of the area is without power. The usual pictures of tornado magnets (mobile homes) that are trashed, and boats in Walmart parking lots on the news.

By the time it got to the Tampa Bay area this afternoon, we had 80 mph gusts, but mostly in the 50's. It pruned some more of my trees for me (hey, I don't do well climbing trees anymore). The lights flashed a few times today, but lucked out and are still on, but the DSL was off for most of the day.

Other than 6 people who didn't make it through the day, it was alright for the rest of us.
                            The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

This will be a thing of the past, better houses will be built to widthstand any hurricane, shelter will be provided underneath house like in the basements up north, early warning.. move all important belongings outside into the hurricane-proof garage. OR we will just nuke the damn hurricane and their wind will blow all the nuclear fallout to every place on the earth.. jk

Comment

Working...
                              X