Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know things about the C6 Z06.

More than I should .......
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

7.0L - 427

DRY SUMP

515 HP

all aluminum frame, targeting sub 3000 lbs

200+ mph
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Sign Me Up!!!!!!

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

I've heard of dry sump but have no clue what it is anymore. Want to explain?
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

That's what the Cup cars use...they store oil in a tank elsewhere that is pumped to the motor, then back to the pump. We obviously have the oil sitting in the oil pan (wet sump), which creates more friction for the crank when it is turning. I'm not sure of exact horsepower gains though.
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            7.0L - 427

DRY SUMP

515 HP

200+ mph
            Man alive! That new Z06 will flat out kick my car's butt.

Comment

I love hearing this kind of news. Makes my wait for the Z even better. I have a preorder on one. Here's my current Vette. Btw, they are going to use a modular aluminum frame on the Z. Target weight is 2800 pounds.
              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

When I asked the engineer I was talking to about the price, I asked, "under $60K?"

He said, "not likely. I'm really not on that end of it, but I would expect $60-$65K."

Comment

When I asked the engineer I was talking to about the price, I asked, "under $60K?"

He said, "not likely. I'm really not on that end of it, but I would expect $60-$65K."
                  I have heard from a relaible inside source that it will have 3 valves per cylinder and use variable valve timing technology also.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

7.0L - 427

DRY SUMP

515 HP

200+ mph

I love it when you talk dirty to me! I'd buy that in the $60k range....
                    Convertible? Still better pricing than the Viper or Porches
                    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Sounds like it is going to be one hell of a car!

Comment

Originally posted by pete
                        7.0L - 427

DRY SUMP

515 HP

200+ mph

I love it when you talk dirty to me! I'd buy that in the $60k range....
                        Convertible? Still better pricing than the Viper or Porches
                        No convertible, it's just FRC.

Comment

7.0L - 427

DRY SUMP

515 HP

200+ mph
                          May God be with us.
                          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...