I'm a Dumba$$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Dumba$$

Well folks and wolfman should have listened from the start. Two mothes ago i got on this site cause i had otip trouble. everyone was REAL helpful. well i just got my Z out of the shop this week to find out that I put the opti in wrong. even with the pics!!!!! . So i spent 731 witch was the diignosticto tell me that plus the new battery cause i killed the old one and the new secondary air pump bracket i broke with the air ratch. Hate that car but ....Love that speed

Don't feel bad.... based on the posts I've seen over the past 5 years, I'd bet at least 1 in every 10 Opti installs ends up with the Opti indexed incorrectly. The symptoms are obvious, the people INSIST they installed it correctly, and when they go back and check they find is is very possible to assemble both the splined shaft 93/94's and dowl pin 95-97's wrong.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

don't feel bad..... my first opti was indexed incorrect and wouldn't start. I had to pull it all apart again.

Comment

Working...
      X