Finished up my headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished up my headers

I finally got my heads back on and my headers fully installed. Changed the oil and ran the car for about 20 minutes while I bled the coolant system then turned it off changed the oil again and took it out for a run. All I can say is HOLY CRAP. This is the first good run (everything working right) since intalling a morosso CAI and my LT's. I could not believe the way my car pulled. I'm having true duals put on soon but I need to get another cat first. Then I'm getting a tune done and gonna go see what it runs.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Sounds cool. headers is a tough job on our cars. I figure if you've done headers on a LT1, you're "in the club".

I've had bad luck with the Random cats, you might want to choose a brand other than those. Failed emissions bad with the first one, put the stocker on there and passed by a mile. They gave me another one under wty, and just yesterday, the honeycomb thing inside started rattling around, so it's junk after being only a year and a half old. After all the unnecessary work those have caused me, I'm pretty pissed at them. What did you have done to the heads? and did you put in a cam?

Comment

I wish I could have put a pair of AFR heads on and gotten a cam and rr's but I really don't have the money right now since I'm in school I had a bolt broken off in the drivers side head and had to remove the head to get it out so I pulled the passenger side just to keep things even. I don't actually need a cat what I meant is I need a stock shell of a cat that I'm going to have a pipe welded through it like my other one just so I can pass the PA visual emissions test. Anyone got an old cat laying around? lol
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
      X