crane hi-6r ignition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crane hi-6r ignition

i have a 95 lt1 camaro and i am am having a problem hooking up the crane hi-6r ignition. the directions are shity . there are 4 wires i need help with and were they go exactly .i have power to the box but i am not getting that trigger signal for some reason . so if neone has some experience with this set up it would be nice to get some info

red= switched 12v power
    white = trigger
    orange and black = coil +& -

Did you get a GM adapter harness for the coil? Also, the connector to the coil really needs to be put on there tight.

Orange & Black wires from the HI6 go to the coil. Red & White wires from the HI6go to the car wiring harness Pink & White wires where it used to go to the coil. Big Red wire to battery & big Black wire to ground.

My unit worked poorly with the MSD Blaster coil that was on my car, and once a week or so, the car would just quit - it ran fine otherwise. Turned out to be the coil, so it is important to have a compatable coil with the crane. The guys there sent me a free LX92 which was a pain to mount, but it's been working flawlessly for 4 years now.

Comment

Working...
    X