Hello Everyone, we made it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone, we made it.

We made it though alive. I wouldn't admit it in front of my son, but this one scared me. The entire house shook and rumbled like an earthquake. The damage is extensive all over the area. My place was hit hard. I lost the roof, the house is flooded, literally water pouring down the walls,the ceiling came down in the garage on top of the GN, the 97WS6 was untouched like god's protective hand was covering it. The rest of the garage is totally trashed, yet the T/A sat there with a zaino shine with only two droplets of water on it. There is still a large tree on the garage, my whole backyard that was full of large oaks was flattened. This place looks like a war zone. There is pink insulation and debris scattered through the whole neighborhood, there are two large sections of someone else's roof in my yard. The neighbor ended up with a porta-john in his yard and there are no construction sites anywhere nearby. There are power lines down everywhere, most without power some without water and no cell service. I came to look over the shop because it has power and communicate with everyone possible. I most likely won't have power at home for a week or two, but I'm running on generator so that is keeping us at least one step above camping. I have so much work to do with putting up tarps to try and save as much of the house as possible, the cleanup is going to be....... I don't even know what to say. I just wanted to touch base with everyone, we're alive and semi-well and thanks for everyone's prayers. I've got some neighbor's that will need some help as well, so I'm going to be busting my butt for quite a while. The good news is that I saved myself a buch of money by letting my gym membership expire. I have to try to keep a good sense of humor, this one hurt.

HEY JOE IS OKAY!!!!!!

Glad to hear from you Broh! Man, sounds like you went through some crazy stuff...everyone here was, and still are, prayin for ya...happy to see you came out a okay.

Really happy to hear the TA is okay too...

Welcome back

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Good to know alot of people were starting to worry about you.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Glad to here your doing ok, sorry to hear about your GN. At least everybody is ok and ur Ta is good
        -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

All of us here are thinking of ya.
          Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Good to hear everyone is unharmed. The property damage can be repaired, but it got to look like an overwhelming task at this point. Hope the damage to the GN can be repaired.

Please keep in touch when you can... our prayers are with you.

Fred
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok, man! You will definitely be in our prayers. Heres to hoping the insurance companies and maybe some federal aid will come through for you guys. Take care and keep us updated.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Glad you are ok.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Really sorry about the GN, but most importantly, I'm happy to hear you and your son are OK.
                  94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Whew...

Glad to hear you made it man. I think I saw my GN out front ing after hearing yours is damaged , but it can be repaired...right? Glad to hear you and your son made it through ok though. I look forward to hearing from you again. Take care man.
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Joe,

I feel for your loss, as I used to live in Ft. Walton Beach. and I have severl freinds who have similar damage (roof loss and chimney destroyed 40k+ worth of damage)

Before you do anything, even put tarps over your now-departed roof, contact you insurance agent. In some cases they do not want you to even put up tarps before they can access the house. Make sure you do what they say, exactly. For some strange reason my Freinds house (one of the Iran hostages back in '79) ins agent told them to NOT put up a tarp or do anything that will prevent further damage. Even cleanup of your yard (within reason here) could alter the end figure you will receive, by the agent. He was assured that any continuing damage from roof/chimney loss would be compensated for.

I am not trying to understand why they told him this stuff (I for one, am for protecting what I have left) Just that you ins company might have some weird or construed process to deal with your claim.

Best of luck to you and the GN
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

Glad to hear that you're OK...stay strong broh, I'm prayin for ya!!
                        95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Prayers going out to you Joe. Hopefully were done getting hit this season....i fear not though.
                          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

you need a vacation broh. take your son and just go out in the desert for a week............

im most relieved now.......glad you guys are ok........dern...what a mess of the end of summer yall have had.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Good to hear you and your son are okay! Keep your spirits up down there. Prayer sent.
                              1995 Firebird Formula
                              (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
                              X