more problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more problems

Got a 95 TA, 118 000 KM , auto, stock except for straight pipe, new fuel filter, new plugs, no codes.

Off the line it bogs or hesitates , when i bring the reves up to about 1100-1500 it helps a little bit.

could it be a fuel pressure problem i haven't had it checked?

The last thread you posted this scenerio, you said the problem started as soon as you put in a new accel coil. When you swapped the stock one back in , the problem went away. Is this still the case or no?

Comment

That was a high rpm sputter, i solved that simply with new spark plugs. this is different

Comment

i am using the stock coil now and the starting problems have not returned

Comment

Without running a scanner and reading all the sensor data, it's gonna be hard to diagnose this. I would want to see what the o2 values look like, if there is any knock retard, TPS settings, etc....

A few things that could contribute are:

stuck EGR, inconsistant fuel from plugged/weak/leaking injectors, inconsistant spark from the opti/plugs/wires,coil. TPS setting out of spec, partially plugged cat..... man there could be lots of things. A scan tool of some sort really helps take the guesswork out.

Comment

what are the chances of getting it scanned somewhere without going to the dealership

Comment

Well, autozone will scan for codes but that won't help. You'll need to actually read each sensor output. You may even be able to rent a scan tool from them.

Comment

I don't think Autozone will scan anything but an OBDII computer.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Hey, where in Sask. are you? I'm in Swift Current.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                  X