• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C6 on TV, 9/29

messaage from Scott Settlemire at GM:

Good afternoon, all,

Thought you might want to see the following two shows that will feature
    both great cars and a great driver.............

CHEVY ON TV . . . Chevy will be featured on two TV shows tomorrow, Sept.
    29. Here's an overview:

Chevy Monte Carlo driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. narrowly escaped death in
    a fiery crash at Infineon Raceway in July. Now he tells his story to
    correspondent Mike Wallace on the season premiere of "60 Minutes" on
    CBS tomorrow at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Get an inside look at the building of a Chevy C6 Corvette in a program
    entitled "Corvette: Rebuilding an Icon." It will air on the Discovery
    Channel tomorrow at 8 p.m. ET and will be repeated Sept. 29 at 10 p.m.
    ET.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Awsome thanks 4 the info, deff. gonna watch both shows
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

gonna set the Tivo to record the Corvette show as soon as i get home from work after 7am!

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
      CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Setting the VCR.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
          Thanks for the heads up. Setting the VCR.

VCR??????

You have all those rides and a VCR?????

Get out of the stoneage, man!!!!

Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            VCR??????

You have all those rides and a VCR?????

Get out of the stoneage, man!!!!

It's funny you mention that. I just stopped at Best Buy yesterday to check out DVD Recorders. While I was there, I noticed that they now have 1080i/720P DVD players. Great Just what I need, another fricken DVD player.

Comment

hahaha...I thought the C6 show was lastnight...when I tuned in, it was about the new Mustang...I was like what the fudge!? HAHAHAHA

Didn't realize that it's tonight..man, I'm sooo slow.

Get a DVR...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                hahaha...I thought the C6 show was lastnight...when I tuned in, it was about the new Mustang...I was like what the fudge!? HAHAHAHA

Didn't realize that it's tonight..man, I'm sooo slow.

Get a DVR...
                If you get a chance, tell me your opinion or the benefits of one over the other.

Comment

Norm I thing you are thinking about DVD Recorders, Someone else was talking about the Tivo type device, it records live TV broadcast on a hard drive (just like what is in a PC), it takes the place of a Satellite reciever and is the best thing ever in the world of TV stuff. You can do a search for upcoming shows, you can pause live TV and it stores a large amount of video. Maybe I misread your question. Maybe this will help you some.
                  NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                  (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

DVR or Digital Video Recorder...store shows on a hardrive.

It's sorta like TiVo...no cassettes or tapes to fumble with. You can record shows (stream) and store it on a harddrive (seen them anywhere from 80 to 500 GB). Matter of fact you can record 2 shows and watch a third...

I'm still looking into it...but from what I heard, it's cool. You can even burn DVDs into the drive. But you can do the same with a DVD Recorder and put them on a DVD...

But as with all technology in a few years something new comes out and you wasted $800 bucks...and that new thing is cooler and better...

Oh one cool thing is if you have HD service...you can record in HD. It's pretty cool...but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. Sometimes the achient stuff is the easiest...

I don't know if you can record a streamed/broadcasted show on a DVD recorder...let me know if I'm wrong.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

You can record Live broadcast on a DVDR but it's not as efficient as the DVR can do it. i.e. the cueing to the end of commercials, etc. Plus DVDR media is not that cheap yet like CDR.
                      NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
                      (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Comment

Originally posted by Coop '02Z
                        ...It takes the place of a Satellite reciever...

not in all cases.....there are stand-alone Tivo's as well that you can hook up to an existing cable box/satellite receiver.

but if you have DirecTV, i would highly, highly recommend getting a new reciever with the Tivo built in, as Coop mentioned. Why? With a stand-alone Tivo, you have several "quality" settings that you can record with, and the amount of hours that you can record go down as the quality goes up. for instance, if the unit says it can record 100 hours, it will only record that many hours at the lowest quality setting. if you set the quality to "best", it will only get somewhere around 25 - 35 hours.

with a "DirecTivo" satellite receiver, there is only one quality setting, which is equivalent to the "best" setting on a stand-alone. the reason for this is because the satellite transmission already uses the most efficient compression in order to sent the broadcast to your receiver....so whatever the hour rating on the unit is what you get...period.

also, if you plan on paying for Tivo on a monthly basis, it is wayyyy cheaper if you get the "DirecTivo" receiver....a stand-alone unit costs like $13/mth, but if you get the Tivo with your satellite receiver, it's only $4.95/mth. the only downside to this is that you cannot pay a one-time "lifetime" fee for the Tivo service like you can with a stand-alone unit.

and another advantage to getting a Tivo is that you can also upgrade the recording capacity by adding another hard drive to the system, or you can purchase a unit that has already been pre-modded with an extra hard drive in it. check out this site: http://www.weaknees.com

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
                        CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Don't be to rough on Norm. If I had his car collection, I wouldn't even own a TV. I'd just put a sofa in the garage and live there.

96 TA Sold!
                          87 TA Sold!
                          80 Z28 Sold!
                          74 Formula Sold!
                          73 Z28 Sold!
                          69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
                            Don't be to rough on Norm. If I had his car collection, I wouldn't even own a TV. I'd just put a sofa in the garage and live there.

Turned out that I knew two people on the show. Ken and Tony.

Comment

I missed the shows! They weren't even on on my Discovery. Must be a Canada thing. Dangit. I can't wait to move back to Texas.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X