crappy v6 intake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crappy v6 intake

OK. So if you own a 3.8 v6 you probably know about the crappy plastic intake bellow (if it even qualifies as a bellow) bolted onto the radiator between the airbox and throttle body. Buying an expensive intake set up would be absolutely pointless with this thing in my way. There are lots of v6 intake set ups. But i cant find any pics of them installed. What im wondering is if they replace that crappy intake box/bellow dealy? I've only ran into one intake by "divizio" that really does the job. But for now, i have simply bought a k&n filter and simply connected it to the intake hose where the air box used to be. I got some pretty decent gains just from that, but without this bellow flow would triple in the least. Do any of you guys know of a cheap solution to replacing this crappy bellow thing? Suggestions? anybody?

I constructed my own intake using PCV pipe, and joints. it rocks the ghetto stock one.. although, im not using a v6, so i dont know about your current intake, but if its crappy just take it out, and put in something of your own :P

be creative, lead a pipe under the front bumper and use it as an induction! heh
    '83 Z28 Camaro. 350/325HP, 3:73's, comp.cam, hedman headers, 650 carter carb, 1 inch spacer, edelbrock performer, K&N, 3" flowmaster, t-tops, 18" Torq thrust-II's and a big bad 4" cowl.

Comment

i made my own and i have a 3.4. i took a cone K&N that matched with surface area, and removed all the plastic tubing and it really gained a lot. a ton of throttle response and without the plastic it kinda makes a little forced induction. b/c the air doesn't have to change direction and go through all the tubing.
      00 Z28, M6 T-Tops

SLP Intake and Flowmaster Exhaust

Comment

I am looking also for an intake and i asked some questions from some suppliers and they said that SLP makes one that is supposed to be a pretty complete self contained unit that is all replaced. but that is just talk so far. I have not heard anything from slp back on that, but i am the least engine saavy person around (new area for me since i can not find anyone else other then f-body people that know what they talk about). So everyone keep your ears open for help that i may need for this little engine. and hope it helped you some as well

Comment

If you gys are still looking, get yourself a Whisper lid. It is an airbox lid that replaces the stock one and does away with the bellows. All you are left with is the airbox lid which has a large duct that goes straight back into the manifold. That combined with the K&N filter will give you around 10HP, or so they say. But it is a clean setup. One can be had on SLP's site, or Tbyrnemotorsports.com I have one on my car and love it. Hope this helps.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Working...
          X