Chevy Cobalts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy Cobalts

Hey does any one know whats up with those chevy cobalts? I heard there supposed to be sorta quick and have a aound 180-200 hp (if you get the most expenisve version of car) it almost looks like an American civic of something of that manner.

Blown ones are over 200 horses. Go to www.chevrolet.com and click on the Cobalt. If you want to see a few good videos including the bigger brother, the C6, click on the videos. They are great.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Well that ticks me off. Now my car will be a target for guys driving friggen cobalts? Holy crap.....I need an LS-1. Oh well...at least my car will still be cooler looking. Man...why couldn't Chevy have gotten more power out of the 3800?

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

The role of Cavalier has now been divided into two cars. The Aveo and Cobalt. The Aveo will take care of the lower end of the market leaving the Cobalt free to move up in the chain a little.

0-60 times for the SS model (about $20k) are in the low 6 sec range. That's a shy slower than the Neon SRT4. It reportedly handles much better though. It's funny to think that not too long ago that's what a brand new Z-28 ran. The 1/4 isn't quite as good obviously. The interior shots are impressive and IMO the styling is a nice balance between overdone and boring.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by TODD 2000 V6 CAMARO
          Well that ticks me off. Now my car will be a target for guys driving friggen cobalts? Holy crap.....I need an LS-1. Oh well...at least my car will still be cooler looking. Man...why couldn't Chevy have gotten more power out of the 3800?
          because the 3800II was a mid 90's engine...200hp back then was a good output. No V6 back then...even the imports were putting out that much. GM just never revised or refined teh engine and those never got a bump in power.

Aparently the Cobalt will be a serious car...especially when you move up to the SS version (205hp; willing to bet that's underrated)...quality is way up and styling is just right. GM is finally getting it's act together with it's models...I happy for them.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Looks like the Super Coupe has a ricer wing - too bad. I guess they want kids to want them.

Comment

yeah, the wing is crappy looking, it would look better with the standard wing from the non-SS version....but those wheels look freakin awesome, for stock wheels....

and of course, it's front-wheel drive, which sucks....

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
              CAGS Eliminator

Comment

The Cobalt is a euro. rebadged Opel Astra, nothing to it, the ecotec engines are great and german engineering all around, nice interriors. I think it looks great just have to loose that wing , I will be checking it out, when is it coming out?
                1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

197 to the wheels on the SS version...just like the Saturn Redline Ion (same platform/engine) the engine is pretty much a race version of the 2.2. It's de-stroked to a 2.0, forged everything, sodium filled valves, ported head, all sorts of fun stuff. If its using the same tranny as the Ion, the gears are a little ****** up. Way too much of an rpm drop from first to second....but alright after that.

MODERATOR WARNING: PUT THAT WORD IN ANOTHER POST, AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED. THAT KIND OF LANGUAGE IS NOT TOLERATED HERE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. You might want to read the "rules" post stickied to the top of the forum list.

Comment

Monte, you might wanna edit your last post here before a mod sees it....there's no cursing allowed on this board

doesn't bother me in the least, personally, but the rules are the rules

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
                    CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
                      The Cobalt is a euro. rebadged Opel Astra
                      I don't think so...

all are built on the delta platform, but the chevy looks the best.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Wow... I like them. I wouldnt buy one... But I like them. GM finally got a car that can compete in the sport compact class!!! GO GM!
                        No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
                        X