X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Data Recorders

EDRs
    see the article here

They are in all new GM cars now. They record data as you drive, including throttle position, speed, seatbelt use, RPM, and braking among many other things.

It is said that the government may be able use these ERDs to prosecute in the future.

Would you own a performance car knowing that big brother can potentially see exactly how you drive it?

What is the likelyhood of insurance companies asking to review the data to lower the rates of good drivers? Wouldnt that effectively RAISE the rates for people (like us) that refuse to share the data?

I can already envision a software package for my PC that allows me to create a falsified log file to give the insurance company.

This is getting out of hand.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

I don't agree with them at all. Your driving is your business. But as soon i'm sure a company will produce an over ride chip for them, especially for performance cars.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
    X