Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going to do a tune up, what are the best components to use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to do a tune up, what are the best components to use?

i am going to do a tune up on my car soon, and i was wondering what brands and types of stuff are good to use.

i will be putting on a new gm opti, and new gm waterpump, other than i am going with plugs, wires, airfilter, fuel filter, headers and Y pipe. other than my loudmouth, the car is completely stock with 110k on it. it still has the factory plugs and wires and opti on it right now, and it still put 238hp and 245 tq down on the dyno.

thanks ahead of time
    jeff
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

If you are able to, when I did the same job, I also installed a new opti seal in the timing cover (had to put the seal in the freezer first to get it to go in)....its one of those things that "while your in there...."
    95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

If you are replacing the air filter, then go with a K&N...it's the last one you'll ever have to buy, and it'll give you more HP. Just my $0.02.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

If you're gonna do that much, put a cold air kit on. I personally prefer the SLP CAI...always gets compliments on the design and the cool factor lol. But, any will work (except for the G2), so its all a matter of personal preference. As for hearders, if they need to be street legal, the SLP coated shorties are a good bet. The Arizona Speed and Marine mid-lengths are great, but are not "street legal" (no certificate) but will pass the sniffer and do not relocate the cat. Plugs wires, a good set of 8mm will be good, such as the Taylor Spiro Pro 8mms. Plugs, the NGK TR55s in any of the materials is good, its just a matter of how soon do you want to do them again. If you don't mind replacing the plugs every 30k, then go cheap with the copper. If you want 70-100k, platinums are the choice. If you want longer than that, the Iridiums are the way to go, but they are costly. Hope this helps. Take care and good luck.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
        X