Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mustang

http://www.motortrend.com/toc/thismonth/

Has anyone picked up the new issue of Motor Trend, cover story is the new Mustang, with some road data, I just glanced over at the performance numbers and price, 0-60 5.1 sec and 1/4 in mid 13's. Not bad for 26k, not to mention changes to the supension , chassis and engine. Lets hope Gm goes the same direction with the 07' Camaro?
    1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
    "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Ummm, GM has been there for a while. Did we miss the LS1? lol
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Yes the ls1 , followed by the demise of the f-body.
      1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Yeah, I know . But, Ford's specs for the new Mustang are about where GM was a few years ago with the F-body and back in the 80's with a minor-tuned GN. Nothing to write home about IMHO.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

My point is Mustang is still around, for now at least.
          1993 TA SOLD

Comment

that stang is uglier than hell. If the new camaro looks anything like that concept that kid drew up, I wouldn't be interested.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              that stang is uglier than hell. If the new camaro looks anything like that concept that kid drew up, I wouldn't be interested.
              well as a true camaro enthusiast, if it has a chevy badge,and will smoke a stang ill buy one, regardless of look.
              2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
              1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
              past rides:
              1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
              2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
              1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
              2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
              2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
              1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
              1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
              1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                Wow, I strongly disagree. I think the new Mustang is awesome.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I think we should embrace the last of the 'pony cars' standing, regardless of badging, unless we don't mind the imports taking over.
                  1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
                    I think we should embrace the last of the 'pony cars' standing, regardless of badging, unless we don't mind the imports taking over.
                    Good point. The Mustangs are not bad cars. I've always liked their style, and I've owned one. The GM cars are better, but the Mustang is a close second. We need to rally against the imports.
                    Tracy
                    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                    Current Mods:
                    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/images/2005Mustang.wmv
                      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the new Mustang either...something about the styling that's drouppy and non-sporty...

Looks like that guy in the video don't understand the meaning of "break-in" that burn out was weeeeaaaakkkkk....

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Not a huge fan, but not bad for the money. The GT isn't bad at all. The hood looks plain and those huge fog lights got to go! The rims they used on some of them are ugly.
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                          Traded in: 1998 Z28
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

id buy one if the bastards would let me use my D plan to get it 5k off invoice...they want to wait till jan. turds lol

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                              Good point. The Mustangs are not bad cars. I've always liked their style, and I've owned one. The GM cars are better, but the Mustang is a close second. We need to rally against the imports.

I agree Mustangs are fine cars id love to own one. As far as going against imports i disagree i have no problem with import cars my only problem comes with what seems to be the majority of people that drive them and the manor they are driven in

Comment

Working...
                              X