No announcement yet.

Buying an F-body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen LS1 WS6 M6 ragtop birds go in the low 20's with pretty low miles on them.

If I was going to replace my car, that is what I would get.

I figure my car is worth maybe $10,000, so I'm halfway there.
    Anyone wanna give away 10 grand?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

EBAY

You may want to check out EBAY, but I would try to find the cars closest to where you live, so that you can check it out before paying for it. From my experience, alot of sellers on EBAY will rip you off if they can, but sometimes you can actually find an honest seller and a great deal.

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Originally posted by ONLNTM5
        You may want to check out EBAY, but I would try to find the cars closest to where you live, so that you can check it out before paying for it. From my experience, alot of sellers on EBAY will rip you off if they can, but sometimes you can actually find an honest seller and a great deal.
        it is not necessary to inspect a car on ebay prior to purchasing if you take 2 steps.

1) get tons of close up high resolution pictures. Include a shot of the instrament panel with the motor running and at operating temperature. Dont settle for anything less than nearly showroom new looking pictures

2) make sure the price is a right.

this way, even if there is a minor problem with it when it arrives, you wont mind fixing it and you will still come out ahead. If the pictures look awsome, what is the worst case scinareo?

When you expand your search for a car to the national level, you are able to be way more picky and get exactly the car you want, for a price you cannot refuse. Dont even look at anything with more than 60K on it. You can take days and weeks to find the exact car you are looking for, in showrrom condition, with low miles.

I have bought 3 cars this way now. Our Z, the Cutlass and our minivan are all online purchases. 2 from autotrader and 1 from ebay. I have no complaints. You woulndt know my 1996 Cutlass was more than a year old sitting in it and driving it. It only has 46K on it! An elderly couple traded it in at a Lexus dealer in NC. I just kpt looking until I found a perfect car.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

you can get ls1 t/a's and camaro's for very cheap if you dont mind 100k miles. I got my car when it had 122k miles and it was in great shape. around 130k miles the belts started squicking and brakes needed to be replaced and now the brand new brakes squick terable loud. and sence it's an auto the trany skips somtimes, mostly when its cold. besides all that it runs as good as a new ls1.

this is off topic but the ls1 f-bodies are rated at 325hp and 350ft.lbs from the factory, somone told me that they were underrated and that they put out the same as a ls1 vette. is that true. thanks.

1999 B4C camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy
            you can get ls1 t/a's and camaro's for very cheap if you dont mind 100k miles. I got my car when it had 122k miles and it was in great shape. around 130k miles the belts started squicking and brakes needed to be replaced and now the brand new brakes squick terable loud. and sence it's an auto the trany skips somtimes, mostly when its cold. besides all that it runs as good as a new ls1.

this is off topic but the ls1 f-bodies are rated at 325hp and 350ft.lbs from the factory, somone told me that they were underrated and that they put out the same as a ls1 vette. is that true. thanks.

Yes, they make the same power as the Corvette.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              Yes, they make the same power as the Corvette.
              Ok... there is a user named "Tracy" now. That is going to confuse the crap out of me!!
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                Ok... there is a user named "Tracy" now. That is going to confuse the crap out of me!!
                I thought the same thing when i saw your name, lol.

1999 B4C camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy
                  I thought the same thing when i saw your name, lol.
                  Welcome to the forum.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    Welcome to the forum.
                    thanks, glad to be here.

1999 B4C camaro

Comment

Working...
                    X