Power Window problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Window problem

Geez, seems like everything wants to act up right now. The buzzing sound has gone away now...maybe something was in there and has fallen out...but now the power window is acting up. It was working fine until I got to work. I put the window part way up then back down to see if I could hear the buzzing noise. Satisfied that I didn't, I went to put the window up...only to find that it didn't want to go up. I drove from the front of the building to the back thinking that the window wasn't going to go back up and the back is a protected area. I decide to try again after I make it to the back and am looking for a spot. The window goes up about 2/3 of the way then stops again. I try again after about a minute and it goes up all the way, but won't go back down. After another 30 sec. or so, I can put the window down a little bit. Is the motor going out?
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Yup. The motor is toast. A common f-body headache.

Comment

Figures...any idea how hard it is to replace? Hate to keep buggin' ya like this man, but I really appreciate it a lot. It seems like I'm fightin' with this girl tooth and nail to get her all fixed up lol The GN has never been this bad, except for the MAF constantly going bad. Stupid MAF! lol
      Steve

Comment

Here ya go.....

http://csce.uark.edu/~jgbertr/rb/alt...ndowmotor.html

Comment

Bought my 2002 in October in 2001... I had the driver's side die on me last summer, and the passenger side just dies a couple weeks ago.

It's really pathetic that these motors are so poor.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

That is the only complaint that I have about my car. Damn Windows!!!!
            97 SS #C007
            Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
            SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

FYI...If you go to the dealership the bill should be around $300-$350.

That's from personal experience....though it was done under warrenty, thank goodness!
              Joe K.
              '11 BMW 328i
              '10 Matrix S AWD
              Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I must say that as crappy as the dealership is here, there is no friggen way I'm going there. The last time they had it it took them a whole day just to do a service inspection and an ABS diagnostic, plus they hot rodded the car (burned 1/4 tank of gas in 3 mi.) and then lied about it. I'll either do it myself or take it to one of my shops. Thanks so much for the help guys.
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                  I must say that as crappy as the dealership is here, there is no friggen way I'm going there. The last time they had it it took them a whole day just to do a service inspection and an ABS diagnostic, plus they hot rodded the car (burned 1/4 tank of gas in 3 mi.) and then lied about it. I'll either do it myself or take it to one of my shops. Thanks so much for the help guys.
                  If I were you, I would seriously go after them for that. Let GM and Pontiac know about it.

I've been lucky, every place that I have taken it to has given me prompt attention -- I have always had it back the next day.
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Part of me is tempted to, but I for some reason I have a feeling nothing will happen. That happens a lot around here, which sucks.
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                      Part of me is tempted to, but I for some reason I have a feeling nothing will happen. That happens a lot around here, which sucks.
                      Dealerships get major reprimanding from GM when you don't check off every box as "completely satisfied" on their surveys. If they get into hot water for mediocre service... imagine what happens to them when they put a customer's car at risk by hot-rodding it around town. I would be very surprised if GM looks the other way on this issue -- especially if you were to call a 1-800 number and talk with a representative. There is no question what I would do about this... your car isn't the only one they are doing this to -- sooner or later they are going to seriously ruin someone's car, and maybe kill someone in the process. You should do whatever you can to stop them.

By the way... If I were you I would have to do some serious anger-management breathing techniques just to keep myself from barging down the dealership manager's door and ringing his neck...

Comment

Working...
                      X