TB Coolant Bypass on '95 LT1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TB Coolant Bypass on '95 LT1

From what I've heard, this free mod itself has been proven to give about a 5 hp increase, so in my opinion it's well worth it. Tomorrow I plan to perform this mod on my LT1, and I was wondering what is the best thing to use to connect the two hoses together after disconnecting them from the throttle body? Also, what could I use to cover the the parts of the throttle body that the hoses used to connect to? Last question, where is the best place to find these parts? My guess would be a hardware store.

one more thing...

are there any other free mods for an LT1 that are worth it like this one is?

Comment

If I remember correctly, I didn't have to buy anything but hose clamps and heater hose. I took the 2 old hoses off and just put 1 new one on. I left the unused connections open. Purge the air out of the cooling system after you are done.

Check my sig for mods. I did all the cheap ones.

The wires and plugs are a bear but I recommend it if you have over 50K miles on the motor.

The Transgo kit is a big stinking bear. Wait till you got a new torque converter and take the transmission out to put the kit in too. Took me 3 days to do the kit with the trans in the car, probably could do it in one now.

My MAF was already descreened so I went ahead and ported it. I would leave it alone if the screen is still there.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

The "connector" for the two hoses is only required on the 1993 and 1994 models. For 1995 and up, you just throw away the hose on the passenger side of the TB, and connect the hose from the drivers side to the place where you took the other hose off the heater hoses, reuse the clamp.

HELPFUL HINT: Do not under any circumstances allow coolant to drip on the OptiSpark distributor, or your next post will be "my engine is running rough... what should I do?". Drain some coolant out of the bottom of the radiator to minimize what falls out of the hoses. Pack rags around the Opti to prevent drips from getting on it. May seem obsessive, but I just went through this with a guy who was warned up front, failed to take precautions, and is now looking at a big bill for an OptiSpark relacement.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I like to add 3/8 rubber caps to the throttle body nipples after the conversion to keep out any debris and retain a factory look.

Comment

Working...
          X