Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Couple ?'s for ya guys

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the forum here so bare with me. I got a couple questions tho. I have a 94 v6 camaro with the 3.4 . I was wondering how little horsepower i got and what would be a couple easy mods for cheap money so i could have atleast the same amount of HP of the 3.8's. Also my car is a 5 speed and when i want to put it in reverse i have to shift to fifth gear then down to reverse without having the gears grind. Just wondering if thats the way it is for all 3.4's or if its just my car. A little feedback would be greatly appreciated.

anybody????

Comment

Originally posted by JM94Camaro
      anybody????
      Sorry you havent gotten a reply. There are not many people here that mess with the 3.4 motor and that is most likely why nobody has responded. It was a weak motor, honestly. If you want performance your best bet is to sell it and buy a 3800 or 5.7 car. If you are inclined to keep it, there is not much you can do with it aside from the basic bolt-ons like a high flow catback exhaust and a cold air induction kit.

good luck

As for your grinding problem in reverse... I dont *think* the reverse gear in that gearbox has a synchro. In other words, you should not shift it into reverse unless you are completely stopped. The T56 in the 5.7 cars has a synchro'd reverse gear so in those cars it is possible to put it in reverse while in motion.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

to tell you the truth YOU can put a Used motor and Tranny in that car for about $1500 to $2000. There are LT1's on ebay all the time for around $1250 with about 75000 miles and they have trannys with them. Then just get you a fuel pump, new mounts, a wiring harness, a PCM, some fluids and nicknacks and you will be running with the big boys.
        Or buy a wreck Z28 or TA.
        1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
        2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
          to tell you the truth YOU can put a Used motor and Tranny in that car for about $1500 to $2000. There are LT1's on ebay all the time for around $1250 with about 75000 miles and they have trannys with them. Then just get you a fuel pump, new mounts, a wiring harness, a PCM, some fluids and nicknacks and you will be running with the big boys.
          Or buy a wreck Z28 or TA.

There is more to it than that. You'll also need front springs to carry the extra weight of the V8 as well as a new radiator and hoses, fuel lines, driveshaft, etc...

By the time you get done, it would had been cheaper and less hastle to sell it and buy a V8 car with the additional $2000.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The 3.4 with bolt ons will still be a little weaker than a 3.8..... start with a good cold air intake, a take off Z28 stock cat back exhaust, maybe a 3.42 posi rear from a 93 and up V8 car (that will give you rear disc brakes as well) and if you want to go all out, headers will add a bit more punch. That combo can get you mid 15s. Oh, T-5s are habitual reverse grinders. As the syncros wear, you'll get an occational crunch.

Comment

hey thanks for your guys input but the reason i didnt get the 5.7 was because my parents knew better than to get me car with thats much HP, they bought me this instead because it was just the v6 and the car is in excellent condition. They didnt want me with the big v8 b/c they new it would only get me in trouble and i would be racing all the time. so i took what i could get.

Comment

Originally posted by JM94Camaro
                hey thanks for your guys input but the reason i didnt get the 5.7 was because my parents knew better than to get me car with thats much HP, they bought me this instead because it was just the v6 and the car is in excellent condition. They didnt want me with the big v8 b/c they new it would only get me in trouble and i would be racing all the time. so i took what i could get.
                I would suggest you enjoy the car for what it is and slowly save up to repalce it later with a faster one. Dont blow your money trying to make this car fast.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

thats what i think im gonna do wait till i graduate then hopefully upgrade to a LS1, i got my car for 5k and hopefully i could get 4,500 off of it and get a newer ride with less miles. ANd then let the mods begin

Comment

I had a 3.4 liter with Flowmaster Catback and a Cold Air induction it does make a difference but its not much mostly paying for the cool sound. I sold my 3.4 and stepped up to a 3.8 which was quite a bit faster bone stock then my 3.4 was to give u and idea of what kind of power youll get out of just those bolt ones. BTW both cars where auto.

Comment

The age old saying, "If ya cant find em, GRIND EM"!!!!!!!!!!
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                        There is more to it than that. You'll also need front springs to carry the extra weight of the V8 as well as a new radiator and hoses, fuel lines, driveshaft, etc...

By the time you get done, it would had been cheaper and less hastle to sell it and buy a V8 car with the additional $2000.

Actually if the car will be a stright line car, the v6 springs will work fine. I traded for a set of v6 springs when I did my front end and its stance was Mean. It would also "squat" down much harder on the rear with the 10/90 and 50/50 shocks I had. Just the turns are what hurts.
                        1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
                        2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Working...
                        X