Trans Problems.... no one has a Answer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Problems.... no one has a Answer

Ok im pretty new to the F-Bodys.. My previous Vehicles Were a Streetable 90 Chevy C1500 454SS, and A Thunderbird SC... but now i bought this and im stumped.... ok heres the problem... My trans Will not shift to Second Gear unless i meet 3000 RPMS and Come off the Gas Some, if i let off before 3000 then it will rev untill i meet the RPMS i left off at till it hits 3000... if i floor it it will just Redline In 1st and wont shift... Also if i lock it in 2nd and let it shift from 1st to 2nd it just revs out in 2nd and doest grab... If im cruzin at like 50 and floor it it downshifts to 2nd but just revs out all the other gears grab great and hold.. i almost think that there is no second at all??? but it feel slike it goes into 2nd afer 1st..... also the Trans is from a 97 T/A so ive been told..... Tottally stumoped.. any help would be great. i thought maybe TPS then maybe the Shift Silinoid.... I have no CLUE!!!!!!

Sounds like the line pressure is too high. You really need to get some pressures on it while it is running. It could be a TPS, or wiring problem, or the electronic pressure control. It could be a hung valve in the valve body or a host of other problems......it should really be checked out by a good trans technician. Take it to someone who wants to fix the problem, not just sell you a rebuild.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

yea.. so many things.. i wish i new where to start he prob is finding somone who will fix it not sell me a rebuild.. it would be nice but i just dont have the cash for it... anyone else have suggestiosn on what it might be....???

thanx

Comment

Working...
      X