I'm getting ready to sell my 94 T/A GT and need some info please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting ready to sell my 94 T/A GT and need some info please

First of all, thanks to all who view this post. I'm new to the f-body forum, but have owned many camaros and firebirds. Ok, here goes...I own a 1994 T/A GT and I'm getting ready to sell (3rd kid on the way!!). Specs..LT1, 6-speed, red with gray leather interior, eagle wheels, new tires, overall in excellent condition, 126,xxx miles. Car runs great, but will need a clutch soon. I'm needing to know what to ask for it...I know you would need to see pics before you could really judge it, but just for now, we'll say it's in Very Good overall condition. I was doing a little research on the internet as far as production numbers for this particular car. It started looking like my car could be somewhat rare (maybe not..that's why I'm asking you guys). I ended up emailing Pontiac and found out that there were only 1346 T/A GTs with hardtop and 6-speed made in 1994. What do you guys think? Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings one bit!..Thanks
    1994 Trans Am GT, LT1, M6, Hurst Shifter, Leather, Eagle Wheels, Flowmaster cat back, !CAGS, 160 stat, Best ET 13.73@100 -- Updated mods: SLP CAI, SLP clutch kit, Nitto tires, Lou's short stick, SLP leather knob

Hmmmm...the clutch could be a downside depending on the person who looks at it. When I had mine done, it ran me about $1300 for everything, but I also had them update the clutch master cylinder. Normally, its about a $800 job or so. But, from what it sounds like to me, anywhere between $5000 - $7000 would be reasonable. I got my Z last year with around 102k mi., no leather and needing a clutch on stock wheels for $5, but the TAs usually get a little more I believe. Post some pics though, always nice to see a well-maintained TA . Take care and good luck.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

hmm if steve says the cars a go and u still have it in a few weeks..i may be interested =) seriously

just gota get the job thing calmed down..then im ready to buy a car..FINALLY!!! lol

Comment

couple of pics

She needs a bath, and this camera at work sucks...but here are a couple of pics anyway....Thanks for looking

I plan to put the car up for sale this weekend and start asking $7000, but I will take $6000 if anyone is interested...I can take more pics with my camera and email them or post here if anyone wants to see more. Also, you can email me jodygraham@bayspringstel.net with any questions.
        Attached Files
        1994 Trans Am GT, LT1, M6, Hurst Shifter, Leather, Eagle Wheels, Flowmaster cat back, !CAGS, 160 stat, Best ET 13.73@100 -- Updated mods: SLP CAI, SLP clutch kit, Nitto tires, Lou's short stick, SLP leather knob

Comment

Without seeing the interior I'd say $6000 is very reasonable, even $7000k should net you some offers. She looks to be in good shape, but those Z tips look like a tight fit lol
          Steve

Comment

We're keeping the car!!!

Steve..thanks for all the info, but after carefull consideration (me begging...lol ), we've decided to keep the car. I need some info on clutches...what's the best one out there for the money...my car is stock with the exception of exhaust. I am thinking about adding CAI and other moderate bolt-on's later on. Once again thanks in advance for the great info that I know you guys will give me.

Comment

Glad to hear it. Always good to see a nice TA stay in good hands . If it will just see a few minor bolt-ons and be a daily driver, maybe a few runs at the strip, then the stock clutch is fine. If you're gonna want to really tear into it, a lot of users hear prefer the Spec clutches. I've put an SLP CAI, the SLP LoudMouth exhaust, 1LE aluminum drivshaft, Vortech intake elbow, an SLP TB Flow Booster and some suspension upgrades on mine and the stock unit is just fine. One note though. When I was considering which clutch to go for, I was thinking about the SLP unit. When I was talking with them, they said that no matter which clutch I go for, I should upgrade the clutch master cylinder. They said otherwise the stock unit could cause me nothing but problems. Whether there's truth to this or not, I'm not too sure, but the new one works just fine. If you decide to do this, the part number is 12559912, but that may be for 93 only (doubt it though). Glad you're keeping the car. Keep me posted on what you do to it. Take care
              Steve

Comment

CAI...what do you think?

Any of you ever tried the CAI's on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634

Comment

Originally posted by jodyg
                  Any of you ever tried the CAI's on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634
                  I've never bought a CAI from ebay, and i personally think that CAI on the ebay link isn't worth it. The price alone shows that something is fishy. Remember, if something seems too good to be true, it usually is. The whole point of a CAI is for colder air and increased air flow. Without your filter further down, all your going to be doing is sucking in hot air. I bought my new moroso CAI for about 180 or so...30 bucks is just too cheap for a good CAI.
                  black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

That one is garbage. A good CAI will isolate the filter or filters from the engine bay, thus giving a colder air intake charge. That one simply gives a bigger intake pipe and cone filter. While it will give you slightly better performance than the stock intake plumbing, just get a good CAI. The Moroso is about the cheapest good one that I've seen. I've got the SLP CAI, which is only about $10 more and it never ceases to draw out the "ooooo"s and "aaaaawe"s of anyone looking under the hood. The choice is yours, but spending the extra money is worth it IMHO.
                    Steve

Comment

Thanks for the info. I figured the eBay ones weren't worth getting, especially for the cheap price. I just wanted to ask before I spent the money. I've been looking at the Moroso unit from Summit and just looked at the SLP CAI from Summit for $190. Is there a cheaper place out there than Summit or Jeg's?

Comment

Originally posted by jodyg
                        Thanks for the info. I figured the eBay ones weren't worth getting, especially for the cheap price. I just wanted to ask before I spent the money. I've been looking at the Moroso unit from Summit and just looked at the SLP CAI from Summit for $190. Is there a cheaper place out there than Summit or Jeg's?
                        190 is a good price. If you want a good CAI, thats about as cheap as it gets.
                        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Check sites like www.tbyrne.com, www.lmperformance.com and www.thunderracing.com. For pricing purposes only, check www.racenet.net to get a good price then go to Summit for price matching. $190 is pretty good though. Although I've never actually bought anything from them, Jegs customer service didn't impress me and turned me away from buying anything from them. I'm pretty happy with Summit myself.
                          Steve

Comment

OR you could do like I did.. I got a complete K&N CAI for 100 bucks shipped.. USED.. had the block off plate all the clamps and everything.. just be warned.. your gonna cuss when you try and tighten down the clamp to the airfilter.. I might be a moron.. OK I AM a MORON .. but that part about kicked my @SS. Other wise the longest part of the install was taking the plate off underneath the car..

AL

1995 Z28 M6 Ragtop
                            Mods are:
                            18X9 1/2 ZO6 rims
                            Hot Wheels steering wheel cover
                            Hurst Classic Shifter Ball with 6-speed pattern
                            K&N CAI , I LIKE IT!! it REALLY does make a difference!

more pictures of the hooptie

Comment

Working...
                            X