Got Codes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Codes?

Ok...got some codes and I'm not sure what to check?
    1994 V6 3.4L Camaro (OBD-I) Ive had the car for a month...first time i hooked the diagnostic up to it.
    Heres the current code:
    36 "2X SIGNAL ERROR"
    the guide iw as looking at says: Distributor ignition system (faulty high resolution pulse or extra low resolution pulse detected)

Dont know what sensors to check or what to do....can anyone point me in the right direction?

Stored codesnot sure how long these have been in the ECM)
    75 EGR number 1
    46 Passkey II error
    23 MAT is too low

any advice would be appreciated....thanks guys
    -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
    98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
    98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
    94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Thats a "Faulty circuit error from coil packs to module", according to the Haynes repair manual

Coming soon: A Firebird graphic opposite the Camaro graphic-

Comment

Hmmm...I'm not sure about the V6s, but since OBD1 should work similar, 36 means that the opti is starting to crap out on the LT1. I'm completely clueless on the V6 distributor system, so I have no idea how to translate that to your car
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

i would start fresh and see what codes pop up. You don't know how long they have been there. The EGR is a mulitple stage digitally controlled unit that is perched on top of the passenger side exhaust manifold. Check all the harness connections and make sure nothing is an intermittant contact. The ignition is a multiple coil pack so check all the harness connections as well. The pass key.... don't know. Like i suggested, clear them and start fresh. If there is a continuous problem, the SES light will pop back on and you'll see what is current.

Comment

Autozone's manual said it was the MAF sensor...I'll do what Joe said start fresh. Thanks guys.
          -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
          98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
          98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
          94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
            Ok...got some codes and I'm not sure what to check?
            1994 V6 3.4L Camaro (OBD-I) Ive had the car for a month...first time i hooked the diagnostic up to it.
            Heres the current code:
            36 "2X SIGNAL ERROR"
            the guide iw as looking at says: Distributor ignition system (faulty high resolution pulse or extra low resolution pulse detected)

Dont know what sensors to check or what to do....can anyone point me in the right direction?

Stored codesnot sure how long these have been in the ECM)
            75 EGR number 1
            46 Passkey II error
            23 MAT is too low

any advice would be appreciated....thanks guys

The trouble codes list on my site is LT1 specific and all the codes do not apply to all other engines.

For the 3.4:

36= 24x signal circuit error. The crank position sensor would be a good suspect.

75= Digital EGR #1 solenoid error. Could be a problem with the valve or the circuit to it.

46=Passkey II. The PCM is not seeing the signal from the theft deterrent module.

23=IAT sensor circuit.

If your car is running and some of these are stored codes, reset the PCM and see what returns.
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
            X