New gauge overlays...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gauge overlays...

Well it's been awhile since I've poked my nose in here, been VERY busy at work. Anyhow, this is what I've been up to...I had been looking for a NICE set of gauge overlays for my 93, but finding some for the 93's were hard enough as it was, but finding NICE ones...that was twice as hard. I finally found some and this is how it turned out.

Took me about an hour to install...I'm VERY pleased with the results, now ALL my gauges finally match!!!

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Those look really great. I have been looking for some too. Where u get them? Cost? And that looks like a 97 gauge cluster, is it? Or did your gauges come with that little plastic trim piece, that runs virtical and inbetween the rpms's and speed, and then around the 4 gauges on the bottom. Becuase on my 96 t/a there is no plastic trim piece. Do u know what im talking about. Looks Great man, wish i needed that many guages.
    Nice to hear from ya again.
    tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Does their backlighting at night all match??
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

LOL, I knew I forgot something in my post. I got them from http://dynoproauto.com/gauges1024.htm the cost was a bit steep, but I've been looking for quite some time and said "the hell with it".

The cluster is still my original 93, that was most of the problem, I didn't want a new cluster, just overlays.

Cost was $170.00, but it comes with the trim bezel as you noticed and a new clear shield.

KnightFire
        1993 Formula Firebird

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          Does their backlighting at night all match??
          Yep, 100%...which was yet another reason why I had such a hard time finding a NICE overlay kit...a few that I found had "funky" colors with them. I use the small red condoms on the lights of my autometer gauges, they match perfectly to the new cluster.

KnightFire
          1993 Formula Firebird

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire
            .......... I use the small red condoms on the lights of my autometer gauges........

lol... WHAT????
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              lol... WHAT????
              I don't know what else to call them...their the small colored covers (red, green, blue, or yellow) you can put on the light bulbs of the autometer gauges...
              1993 Formula Firebird

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Hey Knightfire, I noticed that to the left of the "RPM X1000" is a Firebird symbol. Is that stock on the 4th gen Firebird gauges or is that part of the gauge overlay kit? I'm just curious.
                1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
                Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
                Trans: TH700R4
                Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Originally posted by Benm109
                  Hey Knightfire, I noticed that to the left of the "RPM X1000" is a Firebird symbol. Is that stock on the 4th gen Firebird gauges or is that part of the gauge overlay kit? I'm just curious.
                  Part of the overlay...could have had anything there, WS6, Firehawk symbol, SS, etc. But, I don't have any of those and just asked for the plain ol' Firebird emblem

KnightFire
                  1993 Formula Firebird

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

OK I looked on the website from your post, and it says that the gauge overlay is $129.00. Then there is the havc and headlight kit for 55. What exactly did u order becusase im not sure how u got 170. Does the HVAC and headlight kit mean the white overlay for the headlight switch and the 3 heater controls. I only want the white face overlay, t/a bezel, and the new lcear shield.
                    tom
                    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Then you'll be paying around $130.00, as I did. I remembered $170.00 because I was thinking about getting the HVAC and lighting covers too, but didn't.

The one bad thing was that it took a few weeks to get it. I think I waited for nearly 3 weeks.

KnightFire
                      1993 Formula Firebird

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Working...
                      X