Consumer Warning...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Warning...

Im posting this here as my first post, not to troll anything, but to warn everyone who is an FBody owner of this shop in Charlotte, NC...

here is my story...please read it.

CLIFF NOTES: FBody Motorsports are THIEFS!

http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/home_page

FBody Motorsports in Charlotte, NC...

8702 - H Statesville Rd., Charlotte, NC 28269

Business Hours
    Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm EST
    Saturday - 10am to 4pm EST (walk in sales ONLY)

704-494-0005

they specialize in just F-Body products and performance work.

Last sunday evening, i decided i was going to purchase a Spec Stage 1 clutch for my 99 WS6 M6.

So i purchased it for the great price listed on their site... $299

I looked elsewhere, nobody sold it anywhere close to that site...so i went with them, and put in my orderonline.

I called the next day, when i decided i would like to upgrade my order, to the Spec Stage 2. I was told my order wouldnt ship till wednesday, and that my credit card wouldnt be charged until the day of shipment. It was tuesday...i said that was fine.

Then later that day, I had done some thinking, and decided i was going to wait to do everything I had planned, and called them up and cancelled the order altogether... I figured no big deal, they hadnt even shipped it yet...and im not really ready to do everything at the time anyway. Plus i was being given a great deal by a local guy around here on another board, for his Spec Stage 2 with Steel Billet Flywheel, all for $125...

Sure the clutch is used, but i trust him, and after looking over the clutch, It has close to 90% of its life still in it. (He upgraded to a full race tranny in his car, so he's dumping everything from the old tranny.)

So i called the company, cancelled my order alltogether...was told that my CC was never charged, and that if i would like to reorder, all i had to do was give them my name and original order # when i was ready to go.

Then the **** began....

I go to use my check card that evening...and its declined...i have a 1/4 tank of gas in my car, and need to fillup...so i go to the banks ATM, get a balance inquiry... im negative $200 and some odd cents

Im and at the same time...so i go home where i can check my bank account more thouroughly online.

What do i see? 2 deductions for $324!!! and then an extra $86!!!!!

is going on? a clutch that costs $388, the order was cancelled, and now they are running my card 2 times for $324 and then an extra $86?!

they wiped my checking account clean of over $700!!!! Money i use for Gas, food, emergencys!

So the next day, i IMMEDIATLEY call themn when they are open... i speak to the lady that answers the phone, im very polite, and courteuos, and she tells me "Your card was charged, but then we refunded.."

well another lady told it wasnt going to be charged at all, because it haddnt shipped!

"Well there is nothing i can do about that, im sorry, it will take around 10 business days for the $324 to go back in"

WAIT A MINUTE! Your refunding me only $324?! what about the other charge of $324 and then $86?!

"We have no record of such charges.."

So i call my bank...they tell me to go to a branch and talk to someone their...i do...the pissant behind the counter says

"Well we cant do anyuthing, we can file a fraud report, but then we would have to lock out your account, and check card for 30 days or the length of the investigation, which typically takes 30-60 days"

So you mean to tell me, for the next 30 days, i have NO ACCESS to my SAVINGS ACCOUNT OR CHECKING ACCOUNT, until you do your investiagtion.

"thats correct"

How am i suppose to eat? buy gas? pay my car payment? deposit my paychecks?

"Dont know...sorry"

so i storm out...PISSED.

So i called the company again...asked to speak to the owner/manager... a man named Jay comes on the phone... i explain him the situation...

He tells me, he can refund me the amount today (thursday) but he has no record of a 2nd charge of $324...oh and that he's charging me a restocking fee of 15%. thats $54!!!!

wtf restocking fee...it says CLEAR AS DAY on your site, 25% restocking fee on all RETURNED PRODUCTS UNUSED. Nothing about CANCELLED ORDERS THAT WERE NEVER SENT!

He claims it cost $54 to charge my credit card!!! and pay the people that did so!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF HORSE****!!!!!!!!!!!

So now i am I tell him there will be NO SUCH CHARGE, and that this money, the entire $700+ WILL be put back into my account IMMEDIATLEY!

if not, i will get a lawyer, and file a report with the FBI for credit card fraud, and report him to my bank for fraud...he starts whining like a lil *****...telling me to get my lawyers!! well alright tough guy...i will!

As of today, ONE of the charges of $324 have been refunded, the other 2 charges, have not...the other charge was refunded after PLEADING with my bank to drop off the authorization, and they did so...he has till tuesday for the other money to be refunded...or HELL will break loose on his ***!!!!

I HIGHLY SUGGEST NOBODY DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! I HOPE MODS REPLY AND SAY ITS OK! Nobody thats an FBody owner should have to go through what ive gone through!!!!

This ain't the appropriate language for this board! I'm sure a mod will step in and edit this foul language.
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

That is unappropriate language, but I can understand your frustration completely man. I would be looking for heads in that situation. Best thing I've found is to just keep a calm and collected mind and take everything as it comes. Welcome to the board, just please watch the language next time as I'm sure you'll hear again lol. The only reason its said is because this is a family-oriented board. Keep us posted on what happens. Hope everything turns out well.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Oh man, I thought everybody knew about F-Body Motorsports (A.K.A. Third Gen Resource). Almost nobody from Thirdgen.org, a huge site for 3rd gen F-bodies, has had good experiences with them. They used to be a sponsor on that site but, let's just say they're not sponsors anymore. The members revolted against them . There are tons of bad reviews and stories about them on the "Aftermarket Vendors Review" board. I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way, man.

Did you ever try www.hawksthirdgenparts.com ? They have parts for 3rd and 4th gen F-Bodies and are actually a great company to deal with, at least in my experiences, as well as Thirdgen.org.

I guess I'll stop all the name dropping now .
        1991 Chevy Camaro RS (Is it plum or purple?)
        Engine: 305 TBI (L03)
        Trans: TH700R4
        Mods: Some

CarDomain Site

Comment

Mike, I DO feel your pain and I hope everything works itself out, but...

...what the hell are you doing spening money on performance parts for your car when you have $700 to your name? Priorities, bro...
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
            Mike, I DO feel your pain and I hope everything works itself out, but...

...what the hell are you doing spening money on performance parts for your car when you have $700 to your name? Priorities, bro...

first off, MikeGMain8, like others have said, if you want to stay a member of this board, you WILL wanna go back and edit your post to delete the curse words....

but Jay, you ever think that maybe he doesn't have other financial responsibilities like most of the rest of us, like a house payment, utilities, etc.? and who's to say he doesn't make $5000/mth, and he was just left with $700 at the time of the charges, and won't get paid for another 2 - 3 weeks? i'm not saying that's the case, but it's possible....who are we to pass judgement on him for how he spends his money?

if all he has to pay is his car payment, insurance, food, & gas, then a single $324 charge, or even $324 + the $86 charge wouldn't have been as bad....but as it is, they pretty much wiped clean his whole account, and if he files a fraud alert, they lock him out of his account completely for up to 2 months.

there are lots of people that use what little extra cash they have left over after paying all their bills to spend on performance parts for their cars.

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
            CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by 02Z28
              but Jay, you ever think that maybe he doesn't have other financial responsibilities like most of the rest of us, like a house payment, utilities, etc.? and who's to say he doesn't make $5000/mth, and he was just left with $700 at the time of the charges, and won't get paid for another 2 - 3 weeks? i'm not saying that's the case, but it's possible....who are we to pass judgement on him for how he spends his money?
              I'm not passing judgment, just offering a "word to the wise" so to speak...
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Mike:
                Time to pay an online visit to the Best Business Bureau. You can file a complaint there and they redirect it to the local BBB office. It works, trust on me. I am a foreigner costumer but tis Bureau defended my case with success;I got my money back.
                Hope this helps
                Good luck
                Doc
                97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Thats crazy, I wanted to buy a hood and a grille from them. Well it won't be happening now. Thanks for the heads up.
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
                  X