nfb: what vette would you get ...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: what vette would you get ...?

Ok my younger brother (25 year old ) is very interested in my 95 Z28. he would be the only one i would sell my car to. there is two corvette models that i would need to choose from. the first a 1996 collectors edition LT4 6 speed silver/black interior or a 1998 white/black interior LS1 6 speed hard top NOT coupe. hate the coupe rear window what would you guys get? i really like the unique factor of the 96 but the 98 hard top is super nice? how would they match up performance wise? they are both stock. i would only add a nice exhaust and cold air intake to either. what about any problems with any of those models and years?
    thanks for any replies,
    Eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

If it were me i'd go with the LS1, I like the way they look a lot better. Good luck with which ever you go with.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

I've been looking at 1996 LT4 cars and they are nice. Affordable too.

But...

If you can afford a C5, go for it. It is much more car than a C4.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Is the 96 the Grand Sport? Admiral blue, white stripes and the 2 red marks above the driver's side fender? If so, get that one if you want collectivity. Otherwise, the 98 would probably be a better base-plate for whatever you want to do.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I vote for the C5. I think they are a remarkable car.
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

LS1, hands-down

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
            CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Here I am going against the grain again, but I vote for the LT4 six speed. That is alot of pooterntial for smaller amounts of dough. Not many have an LT4 either but it seems like everyone has an LS1.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Here I am going against the grain again, but I vote for the LT4 six speed. That is alot of pooterntial for smaller amounts of dough. Not many have an LT4 either but it seems like everyone has an LS1.
                That is what I was thinking. $15,000 gets you a nice LT4 coupe these days. Try finding a C5 for that in decent shape. 330HP is not bad!
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Corvette ZR-1

that is one sexy automobile.

'83 Z28 Camaro. 350/325HP, 3:73's, comp.cam, hedman headers, 650 carter carb, 1 inch spacer, edelbrock performer, K&N, 3" flowmaster, t-tops, 18" Torq thrust-II's and a big bad 4" cowl.

Comment

LS1=no OPTI
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I'd say go for the C5...even though I don't like white cars. I do love those collectors edition silver ones though. I got to drive a couple when I was selling cars, but it was always more of a thrill to drive the C5's. Much more refined, LS1, nicer interiors, better handling, LS1, run flat tires, more interior room, LS1, etc. etc. etc.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Lt-4 all the way man..... c5's are everywhere how many people can claim they have an lt-4 6speed vette? and how much will it be worth later on in life???
                        1967 Camaro "Project"
                        1972 Chevelle "454"
                        1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Working...
                        X