Fall cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall cleaning

Every fall I like to give the car a good once over before it goes to bed for the winter. I've been cleaning it bit-by-bit the last couple weeks and tonite was wheel and underbody day. It was ugly. I think all the dirt from the car ended up on me. It looks pretty nice now though.

I removed all 4 wheels and cleaned the brake dust from the inside of the rims. I then cleaned the brakes with a wire wheel on a drill. Next was a solution of simple green and warm water. I used a couple scrub brushes and did all 4 wheel wells. After rinsing and drying I finished with a coat of silicone to shine it all up nice. Once it dries it will look like factory new.

Here is a pictire showing before and after of one of the rear wheelwells.

Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

It's a lot of work but very satisfying once it's done. Looks like it cleaned up nicely!
    Dave S
    2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
    X