New Engine Buildup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Engine Buildup

I have a question for the modified or Strokers owners.
    What is the best route to go for the money.
    1. Crate Motor
    2. Rebuild stock block

I want to freshen up my camaro but can't decide on which route to take to do this. I want at least 550hp and still be streetable. Would setting up the bottom end for a supercharger or build for natural asp. horsepower be the best route. I have about $7,500 hundred for the motor buildup if nessary i could put up a little more. Also what will it take to run in the 10.99et range as for as the the work that i will have to put in the under the car. I already have a strange rear unit on the way hopefully and lower controls arms on the car. Whats the best driveshaft for alot of power. I don't need to go to a website for info i just need general input on this subject from u guys that have broke the bank to go fast like the injuneer is one that look like he is in the 10 grand + range for mods.
    Any input will be helpfull but my max range is $11,500.00 on mods for everything.

The other day i was browsing ebay and i found a 2002 z06 motor built up with 405hp 400 fpt, so personally if i had the money, i'd go with that and buld that up a little bit, maybe throw a supercharger on that and you'll be good to go. I think it was a little over 4 thousand, i'd look into it.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

You can make 405flywheelHP with your stock LT1 or LS1 engine, and a good set of heads, cam, exhaust system and tuning. And for less the $4,000. Way less on the LS1. A mild 383 stroker ($5 - 7,000) can net 500flywheelHP, and if you roughly double the cost ($10-15,000), you can be making 800HP with a blower or nitrous.

Don't overlook the costs beyond the engine. You can't just plop a crate motor in a 4th Gen F-Body and go fast. The entire drive train needs to be strengthened, and the suspension and body needs to be beefed up. The fuel system will need an upgrade. Cooling may need to be improved. Whatever you spend on the engine, you will spend another 50% of that, as a minimum, on the balance of the car.

One way to ease into it as far as cost, is Step 1) build up your stock bottom end with VERY good heads, cam, intake and exhaust. Then, for Step 2) a rebuild, with added displacement, a more aggressive camand allowances for the power adder of your choice - Step 3.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X