nfb: 1989 L98 overheating help...w/in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfb: 1989 L98 overheating help...w/in

ok heres the deal, its an 89 vette with an overhauled engine 12k ago, new radiator new waterpump hoses,no leaks but its overheating and quickly too. i cant drive around the block without gettin' to 230. ive heard of bleeding the system, how? before 2 weeks ago i had problems here and there with the overheating but a new part would normally do the trick, its not that way this time, when i take of the cap the fluid seems to barely move, kind of gurgling instead of flowing,any ideas or links would be greatly appreciated, thanks...oh yeah i put a thermostat in it this morning, and i dont think the waterpump is leaking....
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

if the fluid is kinda gurgaling then u have a blockage somewhere..weather its the thermostat or the pump..but something is blocking it maybe u could try flushing it out totaly just a thought

put the thermostat in boiling water just to make sure it opens fully also inspect where the t-stat goes and see if theres any sludge in there

i know its not much help..but its a start

Comment

Working...
    X