Saw a car for sale today...wow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a car for sale today...wow

driving home from work, see this SWEET car for sale, I go check it out...

1976 Corvette with a swapped in LS2 engine, completely PERFECT body. Comes with nice perelli tires and 18 rims. custom paint job. It is all black with a checkard patern in the front with silver, similar to a racing flag, that turns into silver flames halfway up the hood. new tranny 6m.
    I want it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad...
    price: $8,999
    the skinny: Cant get a loan becuz my only credit is a cell phone bill I can easily afford payments 500 a month, but not enough credit to get a loan, so some other guy will get this beauty
    its a sad sad sad day

Oh that is sweet.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

LS2?

Those are brand new... the C6 has them.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Yah, they swapped out the old engine and put in the LS2... its a VERY nice car. I want to becuz I met my lifelong dream car and I cant get it becouse I am unable to get a loan. If I could make a deal with the owner to pay him 500 a month I could get it, but no go

Comment

Originally posted by Drychtnath
          Yah, they swapped out the old engine and put in the LS2... its a VERY nice car. I want to becuz I met my lifelong dream car and I cant get it becouse I am unable to get a loan. If I could make a deal with the owner to pay him 500 a month I could get it, but no go
          No disrespect, but I'd have to see it to believe it. Where did they get the LS2? There are not many around yet because production just started with the C6.

The price is too low. If it really had an LS2, the motor and transmission along with transplant gear would had cost them almost what they are asking for the car.

Something smells fishy.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

The car is for sale at a custom shop near me. From what the guy told me, it was owned by a 63 year old who also started the custom shop from scratch. The guy died 2 months ago and his wife is selling the car for 9k and sold the custom shop to the person I was talking to.

the car even has reciepts and pay slips of every single mod. It is even lowered to like 2 inches from the ground .

Comment

it could be a scam or ripoff, but I dont see how. I looked the car over myself, including engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Drychtnath
                it could be a scam or ripoff, but I dont see how. I looked the car over myself, including engine bay.
                So you saw the motor? Was it indeed an LS2? Have you ever seen an LS2 before that you would recognize it for 100% sure?
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

I think LS2s are too new - Has anyone even seen a crate LS2 for sale? To have already completed a project with one, he would have had to start it a while ago. LS1 crate motors are 6k, so an LS2 would go for $$$.

The 76 Vette DID come with an L82 engine.

Comment

man i think u got it mixed up its probably an L82 motor 8's do look like S's....lol, their cant be an Ls-2 in their i have not seen an Ls-2 crate motor for sale yet and ive looked 4 one, theirs no way that can be 1 plus the combination of motor/tranny and custom fabricated parts would cost more than the car is worth, but anyway isnt their something wrong with the 6spd in the new vettes?? u buy the car and the 1st time u open her up it locks up in gear or something lol j/k.
                    1967 Camaro "Project"
                    1972 Chevelle "454"
                    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

i doubt its an LS2...... somebody made a mistake on that.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                      X