engine swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine swap

Hi Im new to here. I am also new to drving and all im only 16 and i worked my butt off for a long time to get my z28. Its plenty fast for me and all but extra power never hurts. Around here most of the f-bodys are crashed and the only thing that is worth anything on them is the engine. I mean there are probably low mile engines somewhere around where i live. My question is could i fit an ls1 inside my lt1 camaro. My main purpose for doing this is mainly for power yes and also a more upgradeable engine. I have seen many parts for ls1 but lt1 parts are hard to come by. So just give me your opinion on the idea and if it would work.

Its really expensive to do. Best bet if your set on doing it is to have a complete donar car to trade the LS1 computer, harness and everything else across. You will also have to do a swap on the transmission as they are different bellhousings. There is lots more... other guys on here can tell you better what it takes to complete. Its probably just better to build up your LT1. There are piles and piles of parts for the LT1 too.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror