01 ws6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 ws6

what is the best exhaust for 2001 trans am ws6 for gain hp and louder sound?
    some ppls saying magnaflow, gmmg? please help me out thank you
    2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
    SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
    Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Go with the True Dual X Pipe from Texas Motorsport. They take some ground clearance so watch out but they have great sond and superior power. But also look into some full lengh header.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

im with squat13, i wish that i had went with full length hooker coated headers and texas speed X pipe for a true dual setup and its probably one of the best for sound and power you can go with.
      1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
      1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

Headers + true duals is defintiely the way to go! You might also want to include earplugs with your purchase
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

If you want power and sound without going true duals, I would look into a Mufflex 3.5in with a Spintech muffler. It sounds awesome If not, I've heard nothing but awesome things about the GMMG exhaust. Something a little less expensive would be the Loudmouth
          97 SS #C007
          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

If you want a great system for good money you can't go wrong with magnaflow IMO. Sounds awesome, stainless steel, and it's under 400 shipped to you. Sounds better than the loudmouth IMO. It's not super loud, but it has a great tone, and get's pretty aggressive at WOT.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Take a look at the "External Engine" forum on ls1tech.com. There are links to soundclips of numerous exhaust setups, as well as plenty of experienced people who will give you their first-hand experience with the different systems.

As far as volume and power are concerned, nothing will get you those two things the way long tube headers will. No matter which y-pipe/x-pipe or catback you choose... make sure you do headers.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                As far as volume and power are concerned, nothing will get you those two things the way long tube headers will. No matter which y-pipe/x-pipe or catback you choose... make sure you do headers.
                I agree 100%

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                Take a look at the "External Engine" forum on ls1tech.com. There are links to soundclips of numerous exhaust setups
                I also agree. I couldn't (and still can't!) decide on what type of exhaust setup i want. When it came to my sound preferences, i started getting soundclips of how certain types of exhaust setups sound on LT1's, and i have it narrowed down to about 3 different types. Make sure you know what you are getting before you make your final decisions.
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

jay02taws6 that ta u have with 405hp make me drools hook me up what u have under that bro.
                  2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                  SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                  Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                  http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Working...
                  X