So you hate Imports...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you hate Imports...

Well I sold my 95 TA a month ago and finally got my hands on another fun car. I bought My new "FUN" car over the week end. Its a 1967 VW bug. It may seem harmless at first but... It has a 2.3L Ford Svo Inline 4 w/ Turbo. Its one nasty Bug. There isnt a rear hatch and the rear fenders are cut like a Jeep but it will pick the front tires off the ground a foot befor I loose traction and melt the tires, But there only 195/35/15, wait till I get some 255/60 BFGs. It has a Pretty strong Sandsrag Trans axle but I have trouble getting over 70 with out hit 4500 RPM. I got it for 2000$. Not bad for a car that will carry the front wheels across the 60ft. I think I final need to add nose weight to a car, mission accomplished.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

That's pretty funny. Can you put a kit car body on it like a Bradley GT? My best friend and I built a Bradly GT back in high school. We cut the bug body in pieces and threw it in the dumpster behind a local church. We put the nose in facing up so if you looked in it, the beetle looked like it was looking at you.

There was a guy in Atlanta ~1984 that had a Chevy 350 mounted mid engine in a bug. He was pulling wheelies in Stone Mtn Park. That used to be the cruise spot.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I was thinking about a manx dune buggy but I would like to keep my life. The bug already weighs like 1600 Lbs. If I cut of all th sheet metal and put a fiberglass body on that belly pan Ill be looking at about 1400Lbs, So how fast will a 1400 Lbs RWD 200 hp vw go.
      1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
        I was thinking about a manx dune buggy but I would like to keep my life. The bug already weighs like 1600 Lbs. If I cut of all th sheet metal and put a fiberglass body on that belly pan Ill be looking at about 1400Lbs, So how fast will a 1400 Lbs RWD 200 hp vw go.
        As fast as a 2800 pound car with 400 hp.

I think that Bradley weighed a little over 1200 pounds. I don't know how much hp it made but he could keep up with my at the time stock 340 Dodge. The Bradley was bored and stroked to 2.1 litres and had dual Weber 520 cfm carbs on it. But best of all it drove like a go cart.

My X-wife had an 85 turbo coupe Thunderbird. It had the same motor. Watch out for oiling problems with the cam on cylinder 1. It wore the lobe off because of bad oiling.

If you could put a sports car body on it, your would have a pretty cool car.
        http://www.kit-cars.com/
        http://www.kitcar.com/sterling/home.html
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

I dropped a small v8 in a 1952 surplus military jeep back in the 60's........ after we got it all rigged up.....it kicked some major sand. ran straight pipes on it.. out the back and straight up with flappers on em..........LOL... painted it sunbug yellow (vw color) had a ball with it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            As fast as a 2800 pound car with 400 hp.

I think that Bradley weighed a little over 1200 pounds. I don't know how much hp it made but he could keep up with my at the time stock 340 Dodge. The Bradley was bored and stroked to 2.1 litres and had dual Weber 520 cfm carbs on it. But best of all it drove like a go cart.

My X-wife had an 85 turbo coupe Thunderbird. It had the same motor. Watch out for oiling problems with the cam on cylinder 1. It wore the lobe off because of bad oiling.

If you could put a sports car body on it, your would have a pretty cool car.
            http://www.kit-cars.com/
            http://www.kitcar.com/sterling/home.html

My God. That sterling is 8000$. thats 4 times the cost of the car. But I dont think the motor will fit. I cant even bolt the stock hatch on (although it came with one). I think with some wide fenders, a one piece tilt nose, and some kind of Baja Bug Hatch that some hows clears the motor will be in order but thats it. and a roll bar of course. with all that glass I think this thing would flip like a sprint car..... but tear apart twice as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
              My God. That sterling is 8000$. thats 4 times the cost of the car. But I dont think the motor will fit. I cant even bolt the stock hatch on (although it came with one). I think with some wide fenders, a one piece tilt nose, and some kind of Baja Bug Hatch that some hows clears the motor will be in order but thats it. and a roll bar of course. with all that glass I think this thing would flip like a sprint car..... but tear apart twice as fast.
              LOL

We found the Bradley in the local paper for sale by someone who bought it and didn't finish it. I wonder if E-Bay has anything at a better deal.

Comment

It's funny that you mention a Bradley. A good friend of mine has one sans motor that he wants to sell. You could probably get it pretty cheap, too. PM me if you want his number. It's in Mobile, AL.
                "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
                X