hello guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello guys

I registered some weeks ago with this board, but didn't introduce myself because i had some trouble with setting up my avatar and sign picture.
    ok, i have a 1994 Z28, automatic, stock, no mods.
    This board has been very helpful to me, because i live on an island, where we have actually only 5 camaros running around. (just wondering, are more camaro owners on this board who live outside the states, and how they cope with their problems, like getting motor parts etc etc??).
    Anyhow to be short, i depend a lot on this board, for some minor problems i encountered with my f-body, defective waterpump and power window motor etc. (a special thanks to Rob at Shbox.com!). I was a former mustang owner, but have been religiously converted to camaro, because of the performance and the style of the camaro.
    Where do i live? On an unknown island called Bonaire better known as a diver paradise, part of the dutch caribean. (Aruba an Curacao sound famliar?).
    That's all for now, i hope a can also contribute with my part on this excelllent board,
    see you all around.

1996 camaro z28 automatic, no mods.

Welcome to the boards!

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Welcome!! Car looks good. I started out wanting a red Camaro, but ended up with a green Formula.

Just curious.... how many miles of paved roads? Speed limits?
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Welcome to the board.
        99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
        93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

It looks like we have the same exhaust tips. Yours is the only other one I've seen with them.

from http://www.fasttoys.net/9398fbodyframes.html
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

most roads are paved, although there isn't much. considering the length of the island (50 miles) total paved roads is 150 miles (wild guess).
            That explain the low mileage on my Z28, actually it is reading 21,000 miles.
            Speed limit is 40 mi/h. I've done some speeding close to 100mi/h, even with my yamaha YZF 1000R motorbike, but it is not advisable, before you know you will jump over the edge and fall into the seawater. It has happened to some folks here. they miscalculated their speeding, brakes and distance to seawater, and it is a nasty sight. The nastiest was when two big Pettybone cranes (30 tons) went over the rocks and dove into the seawater, because the brakes failed.

1996 camaro z28 automatic, no mods.

Comment

Went to Aruba back in June, One Happy Island. That was a gorgeous place to visit. Must be nice living in Paradise!! I only saw about 6 f-bodies in Aruba.

Comment

Working...
              X