Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TA Performance Rear Cover? anyone do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA Performance Rear Cover? anyone do it?

I went to the track recently and couldn't get my tires to grip. Kuhmo Ecsta supra 712's. Just about brand new with only a couple hundred miles on them. Now my thought is that I need to get a set of drag radials. My engine is stock at this time and so is my rear! I launch at about 2000 rpm (6-speed). Anyone do this cover / stud kit? Does it seem like it would make it stronger? I am hoping it would strengthen the rear enough to support the drag radials which I would only use at the track...running my normal tires for everyday cruising.

Don't sweat it,I have done over 1000 runs over the past 3 years on BFG DRs with the Auburn that was pretty tired[from another 5 years of racing on street tires] and the ZT with 3.42 and later 4.10 gears.

I launched at anywhere from 1600 to 1900 [M6] depending on traction and never broke the rear end.

Just don't dump like a madman,,,

P.S.// I would get 1.92-1.95 60ft.
    94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

I have a '97 TA' and its been supercharged for a couple of months.. i dont really want to put much more money into it so im not gonna go get the moser 12 bolt rear. but 3 different mechanics told me my rear was getting weaker and weaker... im thinkin about doing a thunderracing rearend kit, that comes with gears and that T/A cover... its 459.00. i asked a couple people and they told me that it would definately make the rear stronger

Comment

Just installed mine a few weeks ago. It is designed to be stronger than the factory cover. With the extra studs to preload the carrier caps it keeps them from walking from torque. While it might not prevent breakage from high rpm clutch drops with slicks, it should help get longer wear during performance useage. Also with a drain plug, doing fluid changes are a little less messy. highly recommended.

Comment

About the only bad this is you have to take the cover off to clean the maget. There is one on the stock cover anyway. I don't know about the T/A covers. I would hope they come with a magnet to pick up the metal chips that happen to come off the gears eventually. Just a thought.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Won't stick to aluminum,put AAM cover on and had no place for magnet,diff case didn't have recess cut into it!!!!
            94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

Working...
            X