Possible Trade 3rd Gen for 4th gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Trade 3rd Gen for 4th gen

Hey i have a 1984 Camaro Z28 with the mods listed engine runs real strong has about 30k on it same on trans. Body is in decent shape some good sized dings here and there needs a paint job. Anyway a friend wants to trade me his 95 Trans Am Convert for my car Plus some money for me a number hasnt been decided yet. His car has 118k 6 Speed cluth is pretty new cant remember how many miles are on it snice the change. Leather int looks like its in good shape ive only seen pics but its a nice looking car. Only mods done are K@N CAI and an airfoil only problems are Exhaust gasket leak.

Few questions is 118k alot for a LT1 i know it all depends on how it was taken care of but as a general rule would u turn down a car with that many miles. Reasons id want to trade A. My car gets awful gas mileage B. I want a 6 speed C. its just a rough ride really kicks your butt. His Car ran a 14.2 at 98 he left the AC on though haha. Sound like a decent time for this car? I have a beater car already but if this T/A is well behaved enough for daily use i might dump the Porsche and just keep the TA as my only car.

Check it out before you do it. Why would some one want to trade a '95 T/A for a '84 Z unless there is serious love for 3rd gen. IF the car is in good condition take the trade. The LT1 will get much better gas milage than what you got now. Plus its a rag top. Girlies like it Its more fun to drive as well, more comfortable, and just looks better.

But check it out thoroghly before you make up your mind.

Good Luck to yah!!
    86 Firebird, Just a lowly 6 banger, sold
    Plans for an '02 WS6 are in the mix for 2008 (after I'm out of the army)

Comment

Main reason he wants to trade Insurance his record isnt so hot. and he also wants a car thats a little easier to work on from what ive been told LT1s arent the easiest in the world

Comment

Working...
      X