WS6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS6

I just recently bought a 2002 ws6, with 7700 miles. It is bone stock, when i first bought the car it had all kinds of torque on bottom end, it now has 9600 miles on it and seems like it is getting a little sluggish on the bottom end. what could be causing that?

Your ragging it. NO, It may be a number of things. Hay you properly maintained the car? are the tires bald (I know what those cars are like )?
    I may just be because of new car break in. Ive never owned a new car but isnt there like a 7500 mile break in period that your supposed to drive it a certian way.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Two things...

1) You've floored it a lot and you have gotten "used to" its acceleration and it no longer WOWs you.

2) Something is wrong. But you're gonna have to post a lot more details before anyone can offer you any advice. Is the SES light on? Throwing any codes?
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

There is no "7,500 mile" break-in procedure, that requires a particular style of driving.... 500 mile maybe, but not 7,500 miles.

The LS1 engine has a reputation for gaining performance over the first 5,000-10,000 miles.

Are you using the correct, 91-octane (minimum, 93 prefered) fuel? Anything less will cause a loss of power. Have you tried different brands of fuel? Does the fuel you are using contain ethanol or methanol?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          There is no "7,500 mile" break-in procedure, that requires a particular style of driving.... 500 mile maybe, but not 7,500 miles.

The LS1 engine has a reputation for gaining performance over the first 5,000-10,000 miles.

Are you using the correct, 91-octane (minimum, 93 prefered) fuel? Anything less will cause a loss of power. Have you tried different brands of fuel? Does the fuel you are using contain ethanol or methanol?
          Like I say, never owned one.
          1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
          2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

Working...
          X