found a 68, is it worth...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found a 68, is it worth...

he wants 5400. its a body, not front end. fenders in box. hood in box. body has been sandblasted and primered. no rust. floors and trunk replaced. looks really solid. he has chrome rims brand new, a brand new 4 spd, a 67 posi rear with 355, used seats, a carbon dash guage pod with all the guages, door panels, power window kits with glass. no rear window or windshield. i think thats everything. and id have to go to tennesee to get it. im from ct
    ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

No, not when a 69' looks so much better. And that is a lot of stuff to hual back to Ct.
    1967 VW Bug 2.3L Ford SVO Inline 4 w/ Turbo, Sand-Drag VW Trans Axle, Race this Import.
    2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Totally Stock

Comment

off the top of my head that seems kinda pricey man, i think you can find a better deal, think of how much more your going to spend by having 2 do body work, going to get the car, then a motor and the other parts you are missing. but you can check out yearone.com 2 look at prices on the things that he has and see how much the price really comes out to, but personally i take a 67 or 69 over a 68, it just seems like theirs something that dont look right on it, just my opinion.
      1967 Camaro "Project"
      1972 Chevelle "454"
      1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

no i specifically want a 68, i dont like the vent windows in the 67 and the dash in a 69. i like the 68's. and the body work is all done. i would just need to put the front half on, and the quarters and hood are already there.
        ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

i dont really see a difference in the outer appearance
          ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

well a little more info on the car would help out a lil more, like whats missing and what blown motor are you putting in it and anything else that might help that you can think of. the only diff from the outside on a 68 to a 67 is the grille and the chrome moldings around the windows and the tail lights no big changes. check this out....u have to like this and look what they did with the dash u have to like that too, they sell a few kits to change the sadh on a 69 too, but the only thing is that every1 with a 1st gen has a 69.....we would be the kool guys with the others years hehe

http://www.brphotrods.com/1969_NOV8T.../69camaro.html
            1967 Camaro "Project"
            1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

i got a good idea, ill give you the link on ebay. so i like the dash he got, i was actually gonna get that anyways.
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

and i would like to put a blown 383 in it.
              ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

I think you should do it, the rims and the rear end and the tranny is almost that 5400. Botom line is if your willing to do the work, go for it.
                89 305 TBI Camaro RS

http://members.cardomain.com/camarodude89

Comment

yea im def willing to do the work, i actually want to. lol.
                  ~~~The Twisted One~~~

Comment

im saying go 4 it man thats pretty good. r u going 2 use the airbags?
                    1967 Camaro "Project"
                    1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

I purchased my '68 Firebird 400 for $2,700.

Body panels welded, rear tubed, 9" Ford, new wheels & tires, in primer, interior disassembled in boxes, rebuilt T350, and best of all, a rebuilt RAIII 400 on the stand. I am going to completely pull it apart and build a custom rod out of it, but the majority of it is there. I think he is asking a little too much, does it have a motor or tranny at all? ...if not, it is too much. My neigbor would sell his '67 GTO for that. It needs restoration, some body work but it is all there and it has a 550hp 455 to go with it.
                      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                      X