The time has come

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time has come

I've had enough of my mom's crap. She thinks she has some control over me because i'm under her insurance policy so i'm going to sell the Trans Am. Anyone want to give me an estimate as to what i can get for it? 95 Trans Am, red, 6 speed, Flowmaster exhaust, 70k miles. Any help would be appreciated.
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Check out www.kbb.com
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I'll give you One Dollar!

J/k

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I know your upset but I don't think you really want to sell your car. Just keep it and Get a job and pay for the insurance in full!

Trust me I know been there and done that!

Have a goodone Lee!
        Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
          I've had enough of my mom's crap. She thinks she has some control over me because i'm under her insurance policy so i'm going to sell the Trans Am. Anyone want to give me an estimate as to what i can get for it? 95 Trans Am, red, 6 speed, Flowmaster exhaust, 70k miles. Any help would be appreciated.
          As a parent, I guess I look at things a little differently. 9.9 times out of 10 it is a about guidance not control. What is it that she is asking that is so bad? I know you are at the age where independence is everything, but guidance is not all that bad either. Heck at 33, I am still receiving guidance from my parents. Sometimes it is wanted, and sometimes it is not; but 9.9 times out of 10 is probably needed. They do have the advantage of "...been there, done that." If I would have listened to them more, I would have avoided so many of the horrible hardships I had in my 20s; live and learn, but '...they want for you...to avoid the painful lessons learned by them.'

Remember the old saying, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face." Losing your car because you want the independence of not listening to what she has to say, may not be the best choice. However, it is yours to make.
          '77 K5 rock-crawler project
          '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
          '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
          '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
          '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
          My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

im 19 so dont listin to anything i say..but aslong as ur parents care enough to tell u what to do soak it up lol

sometimes it kinda sucks to be like mom im leaving (2pm) and she wont even question me when i come back in at 6:30am smelling like strippers or something lol

ur parents only do things to try and help u not make the mistakes they made it may not seem like it but thats how it is, get used to it. parents will tell u what to do till the end of time and kids most of the time wont listin and make the mistakes themselfs.

just know that no matter what ur parents do they love u and (not aimed at u just a statement) it kills them to know that u will like them a little less that week for putting their foot down.

but like i said im 19..so dont listin to anything i say

Comment

I am 22, and went through the same thing when I was a teenager a few years ago. I had to prove to my parents that I was responsible. I always cleaned my car religously and maintained it more than necessary. This way they realized how much I cared for the car. I also acted responsible when driving it around the neighborhood. The neighbors knew I was responsible and would comment to my parents, eventhough the car is loud he is never speeding through the subdivision. Finally I worked my ass off at school and work and paid for the car and insurance. Basically, I made my parents believe I thought the car was my child and my life would be over if something happened to that car. That is the only way I could convince my parents I was responsible enough for the car. Earn your parents trust, and they will have no reason to say NO, to most things that is.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB58
                I am 22, and went through the same thing when I was a teenager a few years ago. I had to prove to my parents that I was responsible. I always cleaned my car religously and maintained it more than necessary. This way they realized how much I cared for the car. I also acted responsible when driving it around the neighborhood. The neighbors knew I was responsible and would comment to my parents, eventhough the car is loud he is never speeding through the subdivision. Finally I worked my ass off at school and work and paid for the car and insurance. Basically, I made my parents believe I thought the car was my child and my life would be over if something happened to that car. That is the only way I could convince my parents I was responsible enough for the car. Earn your parents trust, and they will have no reason to say NO, to most things that is.
                Good post. That is exactly how I maintained the hobby as a youth. Put on a good show for the parents. It's not very hard really, I love cleaning and pampering my cars.
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

My mother and i have never really had any kind of "relationship" so to speak. It's always been kind of weird. We fight more often then we get along. Most of the time i'd agree with you- your parents are there for guidance but even my mom has admitted countless times before, she's a bad parent. She's paranoid about EVERYTHING and i've suffered for it my entire life. Try dating someone that lives 27 miles away that you can only see once a week and then having a paranoid parent telling you that you can't see them because it's raining and you shouldn't be driving in the bad weather. Even if it's just a little drizzle, i've gotten shafted out of seeing my girlfriend more times than i care to think about. Luckily she stopped that and i can drive out there in the rain now (a full year later). I hang out with my grandparents a lot and they're the ones that have always been like parents to me. They live about 2 miles up the road but my mom wakes up at around 5:30 AM for work so somehow, that means that i have to be home early. She doesn't like me coming home later than 9:30PM on weeknights. I can vote for the president of the United States but i have to be home by 9:30......makes sense to me . I could understand if i was somewhere that perhaps she didn't know the people too well or something like that but it's her mom's house!!! It's not even her insurance that i'm uneder, it's my stepdad's. he's the reason i went to the dentist for the first time (when i was 14 thanks to my mom and my biological father being the mature and responsible people that they are). Luckily after 14 years of never being to a dentist, i had only one major cavity and a minor one but that's because i'm lucky. I flipped out on my mom today and told her that i'm sick of her running my life for me. She decides when i stay home from school despite the fact that i'm the one paying for school, she decides if i can or can't stay home from work, etc. Just simple basic stuff like this and then it goes much deeper. I don't think i'll ever feel close with my mom and that doesn't bother me at all. We smoothed things over a bit later on in the day... actually she did. I didn't apologize and i don't plan on apologizing as i wasn't wrong. I'm sick of her telling me how much she's done for me and so on when in reality, all she's done is carry out the basic functions of a parent- make sure i don't starve, keep a roof over my head.....that's about it as the rest such as clothes and such were provided by my grandparents. Not because we're poor because that's not the case at all but because my grandma is eternally buying things so i have dressers full of clothes thanks to my grandma's impulse buying. My mom sucks at giving advice as she lives in a happy little fantasy world where everyone is looking to give me a job or more hours at my current job or everyone is looking to be my friend or something. Sometimes i legitimately wonder if she's mildly retarded. She scares the hell out of me with some of the stuff that she just pulls out of nowhere. If i could afford it, i'd go out on my own in a heartbeat.
                  Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  SOLD- Good riddance!
                  2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

nightrage,
                    Here's a different point of view from a brother of a younger brother that felt just like you about 6 years ago. I'm the oldest in my family(33) and i have a younger brother (25) he left the house at 19. he left the city we lived in (el Paso Texas) and moved to (midland Texas) he's back in town now after 6 years. its only been two weeks that he returned into town. he told me how awesome it was to be on his own, not having anyone tell him what to do. he also confessed that he really didn't have anyone to help him out when things got rough. he had to walk to work for about 1/2 a year because his ride (91 RS Camaro) broke down. in the winter mind you. he had it very hard even after he had a girlfriend that he lived with. he's confessed only now that he's (25) that leaving was not the best choice hes made in life. He wishes that maybe he and my parents could have talked and talked until they figured out some middle ground. just remember that we only have one family and they are really the only people that will do anything and everything for you..talk it out until both of you are happy.
                    good luck,
                    eddie
                    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Thanks Eddie. I'm not like the typical kid though. Most kids i know would rather have everything done for them. I'm not saying that i'm a workaholic because i'm far from it, but i hate having people do things for me. I'd rather do anything, no matter how hard it is by myself. I used to get real mad when my stepdad would fix something for my on my Monte Carlo. I remember one time he replaced the alternator and i got real mad at him for it. I wanted him to at least show me how to do it rather than just doing it while i was at work. My family is a little too involved. They always give their opinion where it isn't wanted or asked for and such. My mom and stepdad still act like they don't trust me despite the fact that i've never done anything bad. Seriously, not once in my life have i ever been drunk or drank at all, i've never tried any drug, not even pot, i've never gotten so much as detention. Hell, i've never even been pulled over. I've never stayd out past when my mom wanted me home, i always call to check in with her even if my mom didn't ask me to, just because i know she's paranoid and hearing from me sets her mind at ease a bit. It gets frustrating after 18 years of not doing anything wrong for your own parents not to trust you. My friend Christina's mom trust me to be alone with her daughter in their basement, my girlfriends parents trust me to be alone with my girlfriend in their house but my mom doesn't want me to even have my girlfriend at my house when she isn't home. My stepdad trusts me even less. What the hell sense does this make? I like being alone. Not because i'm trying to be tough or cool or because it's some stupid teenage phase (i know this because i've always been like this), it's not because i have some secret scheme...as cool as that would be, i want to live by myself or preferably with my girlfriend or best friend because i hate having people think they're doing the right thing for me. The only people that are yet to give me bad advice are my grandparents. The worst advice they've ever given me is when my grandma told me that i'd regret getting a 6 speed. That's honestly the worst advice i've ever gotten from them so i'd consider them pretty good as far as advice for living goes. It's kind of weird because my grandma is 64 and my grandpa who married her 11 years ago is only 49 but it only seems weird before you really get to know them. Everyone makes fun of me for hanging out with my grandparents so much until they meet them. Then they fully understand. My grandma is the one who opened my eyes to see that Bush isn't the criminal that my high school made him out to be. If it weren't for my grandma, i wouldn't even be voting this November. I'd love to live with my grandparents but unfortunately, i can't ditch my mom even though i'd love nothing more. I've always wanted to be away from my mom. It's not some stupid rebellious kid thing, i've just never liked her.

I don't want to find some middle ground with my mom. No comprimise, no agreements, nothing. I don't even really like dealing with my dad anymore (he's a whole different story). The older i get, the further away i grow from my parents and it doesn't bother me at all. It's not a wanting to feel that i can do what i want but i think that my parents make real crappy decisions. I myself am as stubborn as a rock and i'm real good at holding grudges. My mom and i would probably benefit from living apart. Maybe we'd develope some form of relationship. She pisses me off more and more just about every day. The longest we've ever gone without argueing or fighting is i'd say 5 days...that's being generous though. She's against every decision i've ever wanted to make. I wanted to buy an engine hoist and a motor stand so that i could take a motor or two apart and start learning things from it but to her, i can't even remember how but she made it seem like it was a bad idea and i shouldn't do it. I'm going to take my 88 Formula apart whether she likes it or not and i will learn something from it. I'm sick of her holding me back from everything because SHE'S paranoid. Thanks again for listening to me rant guys

By the way, KBB.com is saying that my car is worth $6,400 or so when i've seen the same car in worse mechanical and cosmetic condition for about that and they had around 40k miles more than my car. I've never trusted that site. They rated my dad's 96' Viper GTS with 4,000 miles on it as being worth $30,000- $33,000. If people could get Vipers like that for that cheap, than there would be a ton more of them on the road. Anyone have an estimate as to what they'd pay for a Trans Am like mine
                      SOLD- Kinda miss it
                      SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by LeeS97Z28
                        I know your upset but I don't think you really want to sell your car. Just keep it and Get a job and pay for the insurance in full!

Trust me I know been there and done that!

Have a goodone Lee!
                        I've been working for the last 3 years and thanks to insurance, it just isn't adding up lol. I can't seem to get ahead no matter how much i work. Curses to the the stupid kids that make my insurance so high!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

I've been working for the last 3 years and thanks to insurance, it just isn't adding up lol. I can't seem to get ahead no matter how much i work. Curses to the the stupid kids that make my insurance so high!

Man I know what ya mean about insurance! I live in West Virginia in the coal fields which is the highest rate of insurance in the nation!

I sure hope things will get better for ya! Just kinda be long suffering though man it will get better. I promise I have been through things I honestly didn't think I could make it through. Just have a little more faith.

Have a goodone Lee! Don't get rid of the nice TA!
                          Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Comment

Ha ha, thanks Lee. I love my car and itwouldn't be too fun to get rid of it. I think the clutch is selective though. Sometimes, i let the cltuch out and ease into the gas and it accelerates smoothly to the point that it doesn't even feel like it's a stick. Other times, i'll let the clutch out at the same speed while giving it as much gas as i did when it went smoothly only certain times, it doesn't go too smoothly. Sometimes i even find it revving a few hundred RPM's as i'm easing on/off the pedals. Maybe i'm coming off the clutch slower at times and i just don't realize it . Bah, i still love my car regardless.
                            SOLD- Kinda miss it
                            SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Working...
                            X